- Re: Menstrual Hygiene Management in household water & sanitation programs - by: saurya March 3, 2015Hi, I find two issues shared here: i. On MHM: Attitudes towards Menstruation: while in some parts a celebration is done on onset of puberty and in other it is kept a secret. www.quora.com/Why-do-the-some-people-cel...berty-in-South-India community I have worked with different communities and experienced: 1. Raised MHM awareness through school/ Peer Educator […]
- Re: faecal reuse - building materials!? - by: joeturner March 2, 2015Energy needed to bake bricks, fumes, dust etc. Possibly manual handling problems. Yes, there is a section on "Dry sludge as fuel for combustion" although I'm not sure if this is the same as 'briquettes'. It says that in Dakar "all interviewees were interested in the potential of faecal sludge as a fuel, but first wanted to see a […]
- Re: faecal reuse - building materials!? - by: Marijn Zandee March 2, 2015Dear Joe, I also don't see it as a very likely solution. What is your main problem with it, considering that bricks are baked at high temperature? Handling of the sludge mixed clay by the people who make the bricks? By the way, is there anything in the paper regarding using dried sludge briquettes as fuel in the kilns? Regards Marijn By the
- SEI research Initiative on Sustainable Sanitation [SISS] - Sanitation, a catalyst for development - by: KimAndersson March 2, 2015Dear all, I’m pleased to introduce SEI’s new research Initiative on Sustainable Sanitation (SISS), which has recently been launched. This sanitation initiative is part of SEI’s Strategy 2015-2019 (http://www.sei-strategy.org/), and is one of eight SEI initiatives on key issues around sustainable development that intend to function as beacons for research. Th […]
- Re: 3rd WHO on Report on NTD's (Neglected Tropical Diseases): Opportunities and Challenges - by: muench March 2, 2015Dear Robyn, Thanks for your post. Could you tell us a bit more about yourself, namely in which capacity did you attend that launch in London? Were there others from the WASH sector as well or were you a "lone voice"? I find the discourse on neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) very interesting. I learnt a lot about it by reading and improving the Wik […]
- Re: Menstrual Hygiene Management in household water & sanitation programs - by: saurya March 3, 2015
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites