This conference brings together experts from different sectors – water/sanitation, agriculture, soil, energy and health – to share experiences in the new field of Terra Preta Sanitation (TPS). TPS is being promoted as integrated sustainable solution to address poor sanitation, food insecurity, and soil degradation. It is inspired by the discovery of the anthropogenic ancient soils in the Amazon called Terra Preta.
- TP soils, soil fertility
- Organic farming, New insight to plant-soil interaction, land use, reforestation, reversing erosion
- Quality of products, hygienic parameter, legislation, certification
- SuSanA Side Event / wg meetings
- Terra Preta Sanitation: toilet systems and designs / Logistic and operation / practical examples
- Carbon composting of biowaste and excreta/Wood gas technology for energy and char coal production/Pyrolysis vs. hydrothermal carbonization
- DWA NASS side event: Relevance of TPS for Germany and developed countries / legislation, certification
- Microbiology, sanitization and lactic acid fermentation
- Greywater in TPS – Bamboo, short rotation plantation, constructed wetlands
Abstract deadline: 15 February 2013
Watch this video on Terra Preta toilet development.