Miranda Wang and Jeanny Yao have identified a new bacteria that breaks down nasty compounds called phthalates, common to flexible plastics and linked to health problems. And they’re still teenagers.
What type of content is most useful for you?
- How do you get households to connect to existing sewer networks? - by: meleesa September 25, 2017Thank you all for your inputs. We have referred to several examples shared on this post for a guidance note, and hope to be able to share it with you soon.
- Re: Determining the effectiveness and mode of operation of CLTS (EAWAG - Cambodia, Lao PRD, Mozambique and Ghana) - by: miriamharter September 25, 2017Dear Elisabeth, let me come in to give you an answer to your question. I am Miriam Harter, and I am a PhD candidate with Hansi and the project leader of the project “Determining the effectiveness and mode of operation of CLTS (EAWAG - Cambodia, Lao PRD, Mozambique and Ghana)”. Your question was about the behavior change techniques we used in Ghana. Based on […]
- How many times per day do people wash their hands? - by: muench September 25, 2017Dear Tim, I think it is impossible to come up with an "average" figure on that. You'd probably have to group it by type of person, age, gender, profession, whether they have children or not etc. When I look at my own handwashing behavior: While I had babies or children at home I washed my hands much more often then before having children. Once […]
- FSM impact on health - by: muench September 25, 2017Dear Zvi, Thanks for these inputs and for pointing us to the relevant Wikipedia article on clinical study design (would you say it's a good Wikipedia article)? I wish we could somehow attract more public health professionals to our SuSanA network, as there is so much for us to learn. Time and time again us sanitation people are disappointed when study r […]
- Sustainable Sanitation Project Prize for the MENA region - by: secretariat September 25, 2017Dear All, The Jordan Times publised an article on the “Youth Participation in Local Environmental Development in the Eastern Desert (Jordan)“ by The Rural Family Society, one of the winners of the Sustainable Sanitation Project Prize from the MENA region, 2017. Link to the article: http://www.jordantimes.com/news/local/rural-family-society-wins-int%E2%80%99l […]
- How do you get households to connect to existing sewer networks? - by: meleesa September 25, 2017