The Sustainable Sanitation Alliance (SuSanA) with the assistance of a team from Stockholm Environment Institute is happy to announce that the 5th Webinar with Gates Foundation sanitation grantees and SuSanA members will take place on 21 January.
- Topic of the webinar is “Innovation in resource recovery and reuse“
- Date/Time: Tuesday 21 January 2014, 16:30 – 17:15. (CET – Central European Time; use this time converter if you are unsure of the time difference to your location: (www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html)
- Agenda: 16:15 Set-up of connections (you can start entering the webroom) – 16:30 Recording starts – Introduction by moderator, short introduction of participants – Three presentations and questions (45 min. in total); each presentation is about 5 minutes long and is followed by around 10 minutes of questions – 17:15 End of webinar.
The projects that will be presented during the Jan 21 Webinar are:
(1) – VUNA – Valorisation of Urine Nutrients in Africa. By Kai Udert, EAWAG, Switzerland – the project is taking place mainly in South Africa. Previous discussion about it on the forum: forum.susana.org/forum/categories/98-nut…-nutrients-in-africa
(2) Structuring of the fecal sludge market for the benefit of poor households in Dakar, Senegal. By Mbaye Mbeguere, Senegal National Sanitation Utility, ONAS, Senegal Previous discussion about it on the forum: forum.susana.org/forum/categories/97-ena…n-dakar-senegal-onas
(3) Modeling the next generation of sanitation systems. By Luiza Campos, University College London, UK . Previous discussion about it on the forum: forum.susana.org/forum/categories/97-ena…ty-college-london-uk
Attendance at this webinar is open to any SuSanA member or interested people (your attendance will be with or without microphone rights and video, depending on the number of people as well as your bandwidth).
Once recorded, the webinar will be put online on the SuSanA Youtube channel (www.youtube.com/user/susanavideos) after some basic editing – see also links to previous recordings here. During the webinar, people in the audience can also use the chat function of Adobe Connect to ask questions.
There is no need to download any software to attend (simply go to this website: meet26582448.adobeconnect.com/sei/). However, you must obtain the password to enter the room. To obtain the password, please e-mail
- Arno Rosemarin, email@example.com or
- Elisabeth von Muench: firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Dorothee Spuhler: email@example.com.
Our main aim with these webinars is to have interesting discussions: this is not a one-way street but an exchange in both directions (and even amongst the audience by using the chat function). Try it out if you haven’t been to one of our webinars yet, they are really good fun and inspiring.
The webinars are based on discussions of the projects on the SuSanA Discussion Forum where Sanitation experts and enthusiasts around the world are openly discussing the outcomes and progress of the Gates Foundation’s sanitation science and technology grants since January 2013.
The SuSanA Discussion Forum is hosted by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) and has seen an increase in activity since the grant holders were invited to contribute. So far 68 grantees and their colleagues have presented their projects and results on the SuSanA discussion Forum and engaged in discussions with the sanitation community. Additional information can be found here.