The Dutch WASH Alliance aims to establish sustainable Water, Sanitation and Hygiene systems that can easily be replicated and scaled up. Within the domain of sanitation, we are creating a functioning WASH market and WASH public sector aiming to increase access to improved sanitation facilities. We support partner organisations that work on demand creation (amongst users); involve WASH entrepreneurs and financial institutions (a working private sector); and support the development of a working public sector. As an Alliance, this is what we refer to as “system change”. To realise system change, WASH Alliance partner WASTE has developed a unique approach called the Diamond Business Approach.
- Pit latrine liners - documented examples - by: rochelleholm June 24, 2018Hi Ester, In Malawi for unstable soils (to prevent pit latrine collapse in rural areas) we have developed the corbelled pit latrine design, which is a local innovation for a liner in a way. It is designed for household use. Here are a couple of reports on our work. Please contact me directly if there is anything else I have help with for technical specificat […]
- Solutions for planning sustainable sanitation for a dense settlement on hilly area - by: euisochoi June 24, 2018I do not understand the exact situation of the hilly regions, but it reminds me of my application of rorck filte system which was applied to hilly areas without any supports from electrical and mechanical equipments. The basic idea include a combination of septic tank + rockfilter + wetland system. Unlike trickling filter, no primay and final settling tanks […]
- Pathogen disinfection and bio slurry use with Plastic type anaerobic digesters in Cameroon - by: Kyonga72 June 23, 2018The ultimate purpose of this project is to develop an Integrated Organic Farm that mimics nature, reduces and converts organic wastes into value added products, which go along way in reducing running cost of basic commodities and possibly generate some income for a subsistent community. The following are the specific targets: 2 To set up an animal husbandry […]
- Pathogen disinfection and bio slurry use with Plastic type anaerobic digesters in Cameroon - by: Kyonga72 June 23, 2018This attachment is hidden for guests.Please log in or register to see it.
- Toilet marketing campaigns in developing countries erode people’s dignity – this is not acceptable - by: RaHaSolutions June 23, 2018Our project model is based on this very fascinating discussion. As proposed by Kris, we, for instance, will give a toilet to a family or a school on condition that the community helps the family/school get the toilets. Typically, a “more urbanized compatriot” will nominate the family/school. In consultation with the family/school, the compatriot will mention […]
- Pit latrine liners - documented examples - by: rochelleholm June 24, 2018