The Dutch WASH Alliance aims to establish sustainable Water, Sanitation and Hygiene systems that can easily be replicated and scaled up. Within the domain of sanitation, we are creating a functioning WASH market and WASH public sector aiming to increase access to improved sanitation facilities. We support partner organisations that work on demand creation (amongst users); involve WASH entrepreneurs and financial institutions (a working private sector); and support the development of a working public sector. As an Alliance, this is what we refer to as “system change”. To realise system change, WASH Alliance partner WASTE has developed a unique approach called the Diamond Business Approach.
- Expression of Interest for 78 FSTPs in Andhra Pradesh, India - by: sanjana January 19, 2018About 70 per cent of Urban Indian households have on-site sanitation systems. The sludge and septage generated in these on-site facilities is desludged by private operators and indiscriminately discharged in water bodies and on open land causing public health and environmental crisis. In response to this situation, national and state governments in India hav […]
- Regular septic tanks vs Biodigester septic tanks - by: bachmanna January 19, 2018While their are some designs on this website ... this site is incomplete and a lot of sections have just filler text. Is this website still in construction?
- Decentralized sanitation a way to go for Ukraine? - by: phreymon January 18, 2018Dear Bogdan, dear Dean, I would prefer simplified sewer systems not because of costs, but because they are in my view less vulnerable than solid-free sewer systems. Indeed, with the latter, you have to rely on compliance and good behaviour from all the users. If one household does not maintain properly his septic tank/interceptor, or if the design is not goo […]
- Decentralized sanitation a way to go for Ukraine? - by: BPopov January 18, 2018Decentral wrote: The reuse of treated water is a viable alternative in arid and warm climates, but in Europe it is possible for a few months in a year, so is a problem as well, which needs to be considered. You are aware that the water quality requirements for irrigation purposes and for discharge are different, the last are much more stringent. Dear Roumian […]
- Decentralized sanitation a way to go for Ukraine? - by: Decentral January 18, 2018Dear all, I enter this discussion at a later stage and in general I agree with the first comment of Philippe. Decentralized wastewater systems are a common case in many small population centres and villages in Europe, especially on-site sanitation. However, such solutions are a real problem in areas with high water table or very small plots. Therefore, the c […]
- Expression of Interest for 78 FSTPs in Andhra Pradesh, India - by: sanjana January 19, 2018