The African Ministers’ Council on Water (AMCOW) is pleased to invite entries for the AMCOW AfricaSan Awards to be announced on the 10th October 2014 at AfricaSan 4.
The AMCOW AfricaSan Awards are dedicated to recognizing outstanding efforts and achievements in sanitation and hygiene in Africa which result in large-scale, sustainable behavior changes and tangible impacts. The aim is to raise the profile of sanitation and hygiene by drawing attention to successful approaches, promoting excellence in leadership, innovation and sanitation and hygiene improvements in Africa.
Nominations for awards are being called for in 6 categories for the 2014 Awards. These are:
1. RESEARCH & TECHNICAL INNOVATION: to honor individuals and institutions who through research and development have contributed to the improvement of technical solutions for sanitation services and products to make them affordable, reliable and sustainable.
2. YOUTH AWARD: to honor exceptional youth (under the age of 35) or agencies that promote water and sanitation that affect youth, whose work has/have made a significant impact upon children or youth.
3. LOCAL GOVERNMENT LEADERSHIP AWARD: to honour outstanding local government or utility leadership whose policies or actions have promoted innovation, enhanced capacity, mobilized resources or generally created an enabling environment for improvement in sanitation delivery.
4. HYGIENE AWARD: to be awarded to individuals or agencies/businesses that have undertaken outstanding initiatives or progress to promote good hygiene in relation to water and sanitation
5. IMPACT AT SCALE AWARD: presented in recognition of outstanding initiatives that have had impact at a significant scale (i.e. city-scale; district-scale, country-scale)
6. INTEGRITY AWARD: presented to individuals or agencies that have made extraordinary progress in fighting corruption and improving governance or transparency in sanitation service delivery or hygiene promotion
The AMCOW AfricaSan Awards are open to all individuals and institutions working in the sanitation and hygiene sector throughout the African continent. Nominations will be accepted from individuals or organizations based within or outside Africa. However, the nominees must be involved in sanitation and hygiene-related activities within Africa.
All nominations should be made on prescribed Nomination Forms provided by the African Ministers’ Council on Water (AMCOW). The forms are available online at www.africasan.com/pages/10/africasan-awards and on the website of all AMCOW partner institutions. Completed Nomination Forms (in English or French) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 6 pm (Abuja time) on Wednesday September 10th, 2014.
Selection of Winners
Entries will be reviewed by a technical committee of experts and judged by a panel of independent and eminent sector leaders. The judges’ decisions will be final. Winners will be announced at the end of September while the awards will be presented at a ceremony to be to be held as part of the AfricaSan 4 Conference holding in Dakar, Senegal on the 10th of October 2014.
For more information contact Thompson Abu at: email@example.com or call: (+234(0)803 311 9493)