Invitation to attend the
Launch of the PLOS Medicine paper
“From joint thinking to joint action: A call to action on improving water, sanitation and hygiene for maternal and newborn health”
and a discussion on how water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) can accelerate progress on maternal and newborn health
- on the 15th of December 2014 at 5:00 – 6:00 PM
- at the John Snow Lecture Theatre,
- and followed by a reception until 7:00 PM,
- at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM), Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT.
We are delighted to invite you to attend the launch of an important new paper published by PLOS Medicine. This paper, authored by scientists and technical experts from leading universities and international agencies, outlines the importance of WASH for maternal and neonatal health outcomes.
The event will be chaired by Oliver Cumming (LSHTM) and speakers will include:
- Ms Jane Edmondson (Head of Human Development, UK DFID)
- Dr Maria Neira (Director of Public Health and Environment, WHO)
- Professor Oona Campbell (LSHTM)
- Professor Wendy Graham (University of Aberdeen, & SoapBox)
- Dr Paul Simpson (Deputy Editor, PLOS Medicine)
- Ms Yael Velleman (Senior Policy Analyst, WaterAid)
To attend, please kindly register at https://plos-medicine.eventbrite.co.uk. Seating is limited, so we would request that you register as soon as possible (free of charge).