In Madagascar’s capital Antananarivo (Tana), water bills include various surcharges designed to help finance water and sanitation. In recent years, Water & Sanitation for the Urban Poor (WSUP) has been working with local government and with the utility JIRAMA to optimise the use of these revenues to support water supply improvements in low-income communities. This brief describes how this interesting system works, and considers how it might be further developed.
How many times do you visit Sanitation Updates per month?
- Re: Join us 19-20 March 2017 SuSanA's Wikipedia Edit-a-thon for World Water Day, Around the world, around the clock, together - by: muench February 20, 2017Dear all, As you have probably noticed already the organizing team of the Wikipedia edit-a-thon for World Water Day is also engaging with the members of the SuSanA working groups, by posting on the forum in the Working Group (WG) section and by sending out e-mails to the WG mailing lists. If you've received an e-mail for a working group that you have su […]
- Re: LIST OF COMPANIES COMMITTED TO TH WATER MANDATE - by: ossai February 20, 2017dEAR dANIEL, THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE TO MY REQUEST REGARDS
- Re: Working Group 6 (WG 6) members: Take part in our Wikipedia Edit-a-Thon 19/20 March ! - by: ruthmiskelly February 20, 2017Hi Chris and Daniel, Thank you both for your responses Chris, in terms of the advantages of the Edit-a-thon rather than us all working individually on the sanitation-related Wikipedia pages.. - The overall impact is greater! - If the quality of all the sanitation-related pages is increased by 20th March, when people look for sanitation information, they will […]
- Re: LIST OF COMPANIES COMMITTED TO TH WATER MANDATE - by: ddiba February 20, 2017Hi Ossai, You can find a list of the companies that have endorsed the CEO Water Mandate at the initiative's website: ceowatermandate.org/join-us/endorsing-companies/ Regards, Daniel
- Re: Working Group 6 (WG 6) members: Take part in our Wikipedia Edit-a-Thon 19/20 March ! - by: ddiba February 20, 2017Hi Ruth, Thanks for the suggestions. Since this is WG 6, I think that the edits related to the SDGs should also target SDG 11 - "Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable". Regards, Daniel
- Re: Join us 19-20 March 2017 SuSanA's Wikipedia Edit-a-thon for World Water Day, Around the world, around the clock, together - by: muench February 20, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites