In Madagascar’s capital Antananarivo (Tana), water bills include various surcharges designed to help finance water and sanitation. In recent years, Water & Sanitation for the Urban Poor (WSUP) has been working with local government and with the utility JIRAMA to optimise the use of these revenues to support water supply improvements in low-income communities. This brief describes how this interesting system works, and considers how it might be further developed.
What are your sanitation information sources?
- Re: Time taken for faecal sludge tankers to discharge? - by: kevintayler January 16, 2017Thanks Shaji I am going to be in India for a workshop on FSM next week (Dehrahdun) so will follow up with people at the workshop. The point you make is an important one Kevin
- Re: Time taken for faecal sludge tankers to discharge? - by: shaji January 16, 2017Dear Mr.Kevin Looking forward for you publication. The rate of discharge of septage from the truck also depends where material is being dumped. If it is a drain the truckers happily discharge at the maximum rate while when ever they are asked to discharge into a specific pit they take enough time to ensure that there is no splashing. As the regulations are b […]
- Re: Discussion paper regarding a framework model for sanitation markets - Inputs and comments wanted!! - by: Thakur January 16, 2017The involvement of the private sector is obviously linked with incorporation of essential motivational elements which are on top of the CSRs. The credibility and input (regardless of the size of input or contribution) of the private sector in the joint program with the government and NGOs should be well recognized and documented. This is a process exercise w […]
- Re: Discussion paper regarding a framework model for sanitation markets - Inputs and comments wanted!! - by: cecile January 16, 2017Thank you Dorothee and Marijn to continue the discussion on the roles and relations between al the stakeholders to enhance the role of market in sanitation! I agree with Takhur that the role of NGOs should go beyond advocacy. All stakeholders need to be compelled with tangible results. Many sanitation approaches only start to make sense when results are visi […]
- Urinoirs secs dans les rues de Paris, Lyon et Nantes - by: cecile January 16, 2017Reportage de la radio France Inter du 27 décembre 2016. Des urinoirs secs vont être installés autour de la Gare de Lyon à Paris, pour éviter les pipis sauvages contre les murs Peut-être imaginez-vous, lorsque vous entendez parler de toilettes sèches, être face à une démarche écologique et militante. Si la protection de la nature est toujours une nécessité, l […]
- Re: Time taken for faecal sludge tankers to discharge? - by: kevintayler January 16, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites