The Bonn WASH Nutrition Forum is going to have a livestream on the 11th and 12th November. It will start at 10am CET on the 11th November.
- Link to the Livestream
- Agenda | Day 1 | Day 2
Why should I watch the livestream of the Bonn WASH Nutrition Forum on 11th & 12th November, 10am CET? This innovative forum that will bring WASH experts and their Nutrition Expert counterparts together, but not only in the audience.
Overcoming malnutrition is a great challenge that will require true collaboration between the WASH and nutrition sectors. The main aim of the forum is to bring together the relevant experts from both sectors.
We intend to have an effective mix of thematic inputs and discussions during so-called “mirror sessions”. Here, relevant sector professionals in similar positions from both the WASH and Nutrition sector will be asked to present their work / perspective.
Hearing about the other respective sector, allows for reflection of one’s own work (hence “mirror”) and inspires further discussion with other experts and participants on complementarity and collaboration between the sectors and the identification of joint indicators.
We are aiming for a concrete set of recommendations, next steps and commitments in terms of viable operational approaches, research, policy and advocacy issues to lead to a more integrated approach for tackling undernutrition and stunting.
- Catarina de Albuquerque (Sanitation and Water for All Partnership – Vice Chair)
- Florence Lasbennes (Head of Secretariat, Scaling up Nutrition Movement)
- Gunther Beger (Director General, Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development of Germany)
- Matthias Mogge (Executive Director Programmes, Welthungerhilfe)
- Bruce Gordon (WHO Technical Officer – Water, Sanitation, Hygiene and Health)
- Lawrence Haddad (IFPRI Senior Research Fellow – Poverty, Health & Nutrition Division)
- Dr. Tania Rödiger-Vorwerk (Deputy Director General, BMZ)
- Peter Mahal (SWA Country Focal Point – South Sudan – Ministry of Water Resources and Irrigation)
- Dr. Arne Panesar (SuSanA)
- Tori Timms (EU Advocacy Coordinator, WaterAid)
- Björn Hofmann (Task Force for Humanitarian Aid, German Federal Foreign Office)
- Dominique Porteaud (Global WASH Cluster – Coordinator, UNICEF Geneva)
- Magan Macgarry (Communications and Campaigns Officer- End Water Poverty)
- Dr. Marie T Benner (Senior Public Health Advisor – Malteser International)
- Ben Hobbs (International Campaign Manager Generation Nutrition)
- Dr. Stefan Schmitz (Commissioner, Special Unit “One World No Hunger” – Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development of Germany)
- Dr. Jean Lapegue (Senior WASH Advisor – Action Contre La Faim)
- Dr. Makur M. Kariom (Undersecretary,Ministry of Health, South Sudan)
- Oliver Cumming (Lecturer at the Environmental Health Group, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine)
- Robert Chambers (Institute of Development Studies)
- Dr. Oliver Hoffmann (Public Health Advisor – The Johanniter)
- Thilo Panzerbieter (Host of Conference, Chair of German WASH-Network)