Published on Mar 3, 2016
It’s not just about toilets. If we want to improve the quality of life in India, we’ve got to start paying attention to the sanitation value chain. Dasra.org
- Vermi-Trickling Filters (or vermifilters) for Sewage Treatment (looking for help to design) - by: BPopov March 19, 2018Hi Ben! Thanks for sharing! Maybe I didn't properly understand the construction of the the reservoir. Do you mean you create an aerated basket inside the tote made of plastic lattice and then have some kind of ventilated fabric taped to it? "To create the reservoir, I use 2” foam billets pinned with stainless steel nails to a piece of polyethylene […]
- Low cost secondary treatment of household wastewater using vermifiltration - by: JKMakowka March 19, 2018Looks interesting. But where do the worms come into play and is there still sufficient food for them after the primary vermifilter and the settling tanks? It seems to me that it might work just as well without them?
- The sanitation and urban agriculture nexus: urine collection and application as fertilizer in São Paulo, Brazil - by: marianacchrispim March 19, 2018Dear Elisabeth, Thank you very much for your feedback about my post. I agree that there are some challenges such as the urine storage, transport and reuse. In this case (mentioned in the paper) we evaluated the urine collection from one waterless urinal which was installed in the context of a university campus, but there was not the urine storage. However in […]
- Low cost secondary treatment of household wastewater using vermifiltration - by: goeco March 18, 2018This system uses a vermidigester for primary treatment (removal & digestion of solids), then secondary treatment using vermifilters as described here. The system accepts all household waterwater including toilet, kitchen and bathroom. Treated wastewater is discharged to soil surface using dripper lines. Not including labour the cost for the secondary sys […]
- Re: Vermi-Trickling Filters for Sewage Treatment (looking for help to design) - by: Benno March 18, 2018Kris ... I meant what is your experience with BSFLs, not WASH.
- Vermi-Trickling Filters (or vermifilters) for Sewage Treatment (looking for help to design) - by: BPopov March 19, 2018