The State of Handwashing in 2015. Global Public-Private Partnership for Handwashing.
In this summary, we outline key themes and findings from 44 peer-reviewed handwashing-related research papers published globally in 2015 and specifically relevant in low and middle-income countries.
These findings can be categorized by five key themes:
- Benefits of handwashing with soap
- Measuring handwashing behavior
- Approaches to handwashing behavior change
- Handwashing station sustainability
- Handwashing in the emergency setting