The webinar brought together speakers who presented their perspectives on how we can improve WASH behavior change. First, we learnt about how we can do a better job of leveraging the influence of community leaders to change some of the social and cultural norms that prevent uptake of healthy WASH behaviors. The role of both formal and informal leaders was explored, as well as how to extend this collaboration beyond CLTS to incorporate it more into other WASH approaches.
- Impact of Poor Sanitation on the Height of Children - by: F H Mughal March 22, 2018Thanks for the upshot. I think, JMP guys should also do survey on their own, in countries where data may not be quite reliable. F H Mughal
- Up-scaling Basic Sanitation for the Urban Poor in Kenya (UBSUP) (Water Services Trust Fund and GIZ, Kenya) - by: muench March 22, 2018Very nice video about UBSUP, thanks for posting, Alex! Just a small question: The first post of this thread gave the time line for UBSUP with these start and end dates: Start and end date: For GIZ part: Start : 6/30/2011; End 6/30/2017 - and for WSTF part: Start : 6/22/2011; End 5/14/2016 Does that mean UBSUP already finished last year or did you get an exte […]
- Effect of intermittent flow in Anaerobic Baffled Reactor - by: muench March 22, 2018I think it depends on the hydraulic residence time of the ABR (the longer, the more "buffered"), but in general it is probably not that good to have such intermittent flows. It might reduce the effluent quality. Maybe you need a buffer tank before the ABR. Is the ABR at an institution or why is the flow so intermittent? Are you going to try it out? […]
- Impact of Poor Sanitation on the Height of Children - by: muench March 22, 2018The data in those JMP reports is mainly from household surveys. The results of these surveys are reported by the national governments to JMP. See Annex 1 of the JMP 2017 report here: washdata.org/reports ("Progress on drinking water, sanitation and hygiene: 2017 update and SDG baselines"), or direct link to pdf here: washdata.org/sites/default/file […]
- LCA Study: Technology choices in scaling up sanitation can significantly affect greenhouse gas emissions and food security in India - by: muench March 22, 2018Dear Michal, Thanks for posting your paper here. Do you perhaps have a powerpoint presentation to go with it which you could share (since the paper itself is behind a paywall?). The abstract includes two statements that are not new to us here on this forum but it's always good to have scientific data and evidence for it! - Closing the sanitation gap thr […]
- Impact of Poor Sanitation on the Height of Children - by: F H Mughal March 22, 2018