Webinar: Women in Waste Management: An Opportunity
USAID’s E3/Urban Team invites you to join us for an online panel discussion on January 17 to discuss women’s role in waste management.
Women in Asia play a central role in environmental management, yet their work in the sector is often unpaid or underpaid.
This Urban-Links webinar will discuss:
- Key constraints for women’s empowerment and job creation in the solid waste management sector;
- What models work and how do we know they work. What metrics are NGO’s and donors using to measure the empowerment of women in the solid waste management sector;
- How can grant-making under the USAID-funded Municipal Waste Recycling Program empower women in the sector.
- Clare Romanik, Senior Urban Specialist with USAID’s Office of Land and Urban
- Marianne Carliez Gillet, Director of Global Program Management for the Development Innovations Group
- Ly Nguyen, Founder and Director of the Center for Environment and Community Research in Vietnam
- Dr. Vella Atizenza, Assistant Professor at the College of Public Affairs and Development, University of the Philippines at Los Banos
- When: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 9:00-10:00 a.m. EST
- Learn more about the moderators and panelists here