- March 5-9, Brisbane, Australia – WASH Futures, Collaboration for Universal WASH – WASH Futures conferences are developed and hosted by The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), the International WaterCentre (IWC) and the Australian WASH Reference Group.
- March 6-7, Boulder, Colorado – Colorado WASH Symposium – The symposium will feature two full days of speakers from the US and abroad representing non-profits, businesses, researchers, and practitioners tackling current water, sanitation and hygiene issues in developing communities.
- March 22: World Water Day – This year’s theme – Nature for Water – explores how we can use nature to overcome the water challenges of the 21st century.
- March 22, New York City – Launch of International Decade for Action: Water for Sustainable Development (2018-2028) – The UN General Assembly will launch the International Decade for Action: Water for sustainable development (2018-2028) on World Water Day, which is celebrated annually on 22 March.
- April 10-13, Islamabad, Pakistan – 7th South Asian Conference on Sanitation (SACOSAN) – SACOSAN, a government led biennial convention held on a rotational basis in each SAARC country provides a platform for interaction on sanitation. SACOSANs are intended to develop a Regional agenda on sanitation, enabling learning from the past experiences and setting actions for the future.
- May 28 – Menstrual Hygiene Day – Menstrual Hygiene Day (MH Day) is a global platform that brings together non-profits, government agencies, the private sector, the media and individuals to promote Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM).
- July 9-13, Nakuru, Kenya 2018 – 41st WEDC International Conference – Transformation towards sustainable and resilient WASH services.
- August 22-24, Hiedanranta. Finland – 6th International Dry Toilet Conference – The Global Dry Toilet Association of Finland organizes an International Dry Toilet Conference every three years in Tampere, Finland. The next conference is the 6th and it takes place in Hiedanranta on August 22th to 24th 2018. The theme of the 6th DT conference will be Dry Toilet Goes Circular.
- August 26-31, Stockholm, Sweden – World Water Week 2018 – World Water Week will address the theme “Water, ecosystems and human development”.
- October 15 – Global Handwashing Day – Global Handwashing Day is a global advocacy day dedicated to increasing awareness and understanding about the importance of handwashing with soap as an effective and affordable way to prevent diseases and save lives.
- October 29–November 2, Chapel Hill, North Carolina – UNC Water Institute Water and Health Conference: Where Science Meets Policy – The Water and Health Conference considers drinking water supply, sanitation, hygiene and water resources in both the developing and developed worlds with a strong public health emphasis.
- November 19 – World Toilet Day – The theme for 2018 is ‘When nature calls’, focusing on the sanitation solutions we can find in nature.
- November 27-30, Kampala, Uganda – International Conference on Urban Health, Managing Urbanization for Health: A Priority for All Nations – ICUH 2018: The only global conference focused on advancing the health of people living in cities worldwide. Cities are the main drivers of national development and present opportunities to transform a nation’s health and wellbeing, so cities must be at the forefront of tackling the global sustainable development agenda.