This biweekly update contains the latest updates to Globalwaters.org as well as recent studies and reports handwashing, sanitation, WASH in schools, WASH in healthcare facilities, water supply issues and COVID-19 and WASH.
Updates to Globalwaters.org
- WASH for Women and Girls Fact Sheet. USAID, December 2020.
- WASH Governance Technical Brief. USAID, December 2020.
- Kabarole District Pay-As-You-Fetch Research Report. Sustainable WASH Systems Learning Partnership, December 2020.
- Expanding Finance for Water Service Providers in Kenya. WASH-FIN, December 2020.
- Update on Electricity Costs for Service Providers in Kenya. WASH-FIN, December 2020.
- Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Conditions at Artisanal Seafood Processing Sites in Senegal: Technical Learning Note. Feed the Future, December 2020.
- Shared Water, Shared Future: How the Smart Waters Project Helped to Facilitate Integrated Water Management in Central Asia. Smart Waters, December 2020.
- Webinar – WASH Collaboration: Two Projects, One Result. Sustainable WASH Systems Learning Partnership; Lowland WASH, December 2020.
- Water Currents: Data for Water Sector Decision Making. USAID Water Team, December 2020.
Using Feedback to Improve Accountability in Global Environmental Health and Engineering. Environ. Sci. Technol., December 2020.
An assessment of availability of handwashing facilities in households from four East African countries. Journal of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene for Development. In press, 2020.
Philippines: Can Subsidized Microloans Increase Toilet Ownership and Use for Poor Households? World Bank, November 2020.
How Much Will Safe Sanitation for All Cost? Evidence from Five Cities. Environ. Sci. Technol., December 2020. (Abstract only for non-subscribers)
Cost effectiveness of community led total sanitation in Ethiopia and Ghana. International Journal of Hygiene and Environmental Health, March 2021.
Water, Sanitation and the Risk of Chronic Conditions among Older Persons in Ghana: Results from the WHO Study on Global AGEing and adult health (SAGE) Wave 2. African Population and Health Research Center, December 2020.
Modification of Major Contributors Responsible for Latrine Malodor on Exposure to Hypochlorous Acid: The Potential for Simultaneously Impacting Odor and Infection Hazards to Encourage Latrine Use. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, December 2020.
Evaluating self-reported measures and alternatives to monitor access to drinking water: A case study in Malawi. Science of The Total Environment, January 2021.
25 Years of Partnership with Karnataka: Evolving Model for Sustainable Urban Water Service Delivery. Asian Development Bank, December 2020.