FSM3 – the 3rd International Faecal Sludge Management Conference will be held from 18 – 22 January 2015 in Hanoi, Viet Nam.
Conference organisers World Smart Capital Initiative are inviting extended abstracts for presentations or workshops proposals to be sent by 31 May 2014.
FSM3 will share research and experience and build upon practical developments since the last FSM2 Conference, which was held in Durban, South Africa in October 2012.
The themes of the conference are:
- The enabling environment for FSM – Institutional framework, regulation and political advocacy, and public private partnerships
- Ensuring city-wide FSM service delivery – FSM as part of integrated city sanitation planning, decision-support systems
- FSM as an enterprise – Commercial viability, financing arrangements and cost recovery
- FS desludging and transportation – FS characterization, technologies and O&M of pit emptying, collection and FS transportation
- Sustaining FSM services – Logistics, management arrangements, performance-based contracting
- Innovation in FS treatment – Developments in treatment technologies, co-treatment with organic solid waste; operational performance and O&M
- Maximizing resource recovery – How to maximize beneficial use of FS treatment end-products (energy, nutrients and water)
- Health and environmental risks of FSM – Assessment and mitigation of health risks and environmental impacts
- Socio-cultural aspects of on-site sanitation – Societal factors, social marketing and advocacy for FSM
For more information go to http://www.fsm3.org/