Marking the 10th anniversary of the formation of the African Ministers Council on Water (AMCOW), the 4th Africa Water Week will celebrate AMCOW’s achievements and reflect on opportunities for achieving water security and adequate sanitation in Africa. Over 1,000 participants are expected.
- Re: India's Swacch Bharat Mission (SBM) needs a bagful of ideas for success ! - by: am101 August 29, 2016Dear Elisabeth, I am not a spokesperson for any of programmes.I replied to you in my personal capacity.Everyone will reply to you depending on areas where it works or not.I live in Rajasthan.In Rajasthan open defecation is still a practice.I told you the truth.The campaign is excellent it works out well in some areas.But to find out impact for single effort, […]
- Re: How about improving the Wikipedia page on Swachh Bharat Abhiyan? - by: muench August 29, 2016Thanks, Carol, good idea! I am already on the list as a presenter for future monthly SuSanA-SEI webinars and will check with Sarah if I can do it before the end of the year. Meanwhile, I was hoping that in this thread, people who know a lot about Swachh Bharat Abhiyan could easily point out what is missing or wrong on the Wikipedia page about Swachh Bharat A […]
- Re: India's Swacch Bharat Mission (SBM) needs a bagful of ideas for success ! - by: muench August 29, 2016Dear Abhishek, Thanks for your reply which partly answers my questions about the effectiveness of the "no toilet no bride" campaign in India. However, I would like to receive more details, either from you or from others in the group. You said: None of our campaigns are successful until and unless their is sustainable behaviour change.Media is invit […]
- Re: India's Swacch Bharat Mission (SBM) needs a bagful of ideas for success ! - by: nityajacob August 29, 2016I had visited the Mandya district of Karnataka last year and wrote a document on it. An interesting model of how the CEO of the district had mobilised all departments, politicians, religious leaders, etc., to run the sanitation campaign in mission mode, as she called it. In less than a year it doubled the district's sanitation coverage. Monitoring was b […]
- SNV and ISF-UTS recent publications on urban sanitation - by: Freya August 29, 2016SNV’s Urban Sanitation & Hygiene for Health and Development (USHHD) programme works with municipal governments to develop safe, sustainable city-wide services. The programme integrates insights in WASH governance, investment and finance, behavioural change communication and management of the sanitation service chain. We engage private sector, civil socie […]
- Re: India's Swacch Bharat Mission (SBM) needs a bagful of ideas for success ! - by: am101 August 29, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites