Barbara Evans, chief rapporteur at WSSCC’s Global Forum, discusses the world’s sanitation challenges, themes from the conference, and highlights a couple of inspirational presentations.
What sanitation topics you are interested in?
- SuSanA webinar: Climate change and the water cycle: decarbonizing the water and wastewater sector, Thursday Dec 15th 13:00 BST (London time) - by: SDickin December 6, 2016Please join us for the last SuSanA webinar of the year, on ‘Climate change and the water cycle: decarbonizing the water and wastewater sector’ scheduled for Thursday December 15th 2016 at 13:00 BST (London time). Overview: Climate Change is water change. The effects and impacts of climate change are most dramatically felt through changes in water. But what i […]
- Re: studies on MHM and schoolgirls' health and schooling - by: Camilla December 6, 2016Dear all, Thank you for your great and important research. The Cup is working in Kenya since spring 2015 and we are distributing menstrual cups and comprehensive education including human rights, sex ed, MHM etc. We also train the parents and boys. Most of the 5500 girls we have trained are between 11-16. Transactional sex is common in Nairobi slums and we w […]
- Re: The Nano Membrane Toilet (Cranfield University, UK) - latest results and publications in 2016 - by: AParker December 6, 2016Thanks for all your responses! Prince and Orchha - We're still in the development stage but I hope we'd be able to brign it to Kenya, Uganda and India in the future. Chris - Thanks for your suggestions. At the moment we're focussed on getting the combustion working effectively, rather than the reuse of the ash. The amount generated will just b […]
- Re: A framework for the Most Important Risk Factors of Exposure in Container Based Sanitation (CBS)? - by: evemackinnon7 December 6, 2016Dear Elisabeth, Anna, Thanks so much for your feedback! Elisabeth, the exposure factors for CBS are discussed from a theoretical perspective mainly, based on literature review of common pathways and risk factors for diarrheal transmission. Fully agree on making it more operational - I propose a list of key risk factors and indicators for each aspect of expos […]
- Global impact, which way we can achieve it ? - by: Sansept December 6, 2016Good day to you all from Canada. I just recently joined your amazing community and I would like to introduce myself first. I'm Andrei Mychkine and founder of Sansept Systems Canada, a non for profit platform with philanthropy at heart mission for rapid development and distribution of sanitation systems worldwide, even though we are just in our infancy s […]
- SuSanA webinar: Climate change and the water cycle: decarbonizing the water and wastewater sector, Thursday Dec 15th 13:00 BST (London time) - by: SDickin December 6, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites