Celebrating the Sanitation Learning Hub’s new lease of life. CLTS Knowledge Hub, November 2019.
Over the past few years, the Sanitation Learning Hub has responded to this challenge by broadening its focus to include an array of community-focused approaches, as an innovator within the sector.
The Community-Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) approach still plays an important part but is no longer the sole focus of the Hub, and a new, more encompassing name, the Sanitation Learning Hub, promotes and reflects this change in focus.
Going forward, the thrust of the Hub’s work will be to promote timely, rapid and adaptive learning and sharing, alongside honest reflections of what works and what doesn’t.
The Hub will also be playing an important role in tackling essential emerging questions and issues within the sector such as:
- How to achieve safely managed sanitation for all
- The complex and different challenges of urban, peri-urban and rural settings
- How to ‘Leave No One Behind’ in programming
- The value of gender transformative approaches
- How to strengthen supply chains in order to climb the sanitation ladder
- Better understanding of the links between sanitation, hygiene and other endemic issues such as undernutrition
- The need to prioritise hygiene practices, especially handwashing
- How to tackle ‘slippage’ back to open defecation.
Read the complete article.