The Dutch WASH Alliance aims to establish sustainable Water, Sanitation and Hygiene systems that can easily be replicated and scaled up. Within the domain of sanitation, we are creating a functioning WASH market and WASH public sector aiming to increase access to improved sanitation facilities. We support partner organisations that work on demand creation (amongst users); involve WASH entrepreneurs and financial institutions (a working private sector); and support the development of a working public sector. As an Alliance, this is what we refer to as “system change”. To realise system change, WASH Alliance partner WASTE has developed a unique approach called the Diamond Business Approach.
How many times do you visit Sanitation Updates per month?
- Re: WG 1: Take part in SuSanA's Wikipedia Edit-a-thon for World Water Day (19th/20th March)! - by: millieadam March 22, 2017I made some edits to the capacity building page - hope to make more soon!
- Re: World Water Day 2017 publications by USAID, UN Water, WaterAid and others - by: campbelldb March 22, 2017Hi Elisabeth Congrats to you and your colleagues on compiling such a useful World Water Day resource. I included a separate post on Sanitation Updates with a link to the Wikipedia article. Dan
- Re: World Water Day 2017 publications by USAID, UN Water, WaterAid and others - by: muench March 22, 2017Hi Dan, Could you please add the much improved Wikipedia article on World Water Day? I am so proud of it! It is one of the outcomes from our edit-a-thon which ran from Sunday to Tuesday. (or make it a separate news item on Sanitation Updates?) See here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Water_Day It is also mentioned on the main front page of Wikipedia today (in t […]
- World Water Day 2017 publications by USAID, UN Water, WaterAid and others - by: campbelldb March 22, 2017We have links to the reports below on Sanitation Updates. Please let me know if you have others that should be added to the list - USAID Global Waters – March 2017 - World Water Day | U.S. Agency for International Development - UN Water: World Water Development Report 2017 – Wastewater: An untapped resource - UNICEF – Thirsting for a Future: Water and childr […]
- Commercially Viable Business Development Centers - by: kengelly March 22, 2017Hi everyone, I'm searching for examples similar to what is often found in the agriculture sector of commercial training centers, but for WASH-related products and services (or just water or sanitation). For example, we are exploring the opportunity in Ethiopia to establish "WASH centers" that will function as wholesalers of products (to local […]
- Re: WG 1: Take part in SuSanA's Wikipedia Edit-a-thon for World Water Day (19th/20th March)! - by: millieadam March 22, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites