The Dutch WASH Alliance aims to establish sustainable Water, Sanitation and Hygiene systems that can easily be replicated and scaled up. Within the domain of sanitation, we are creating a functioning WASH market and WASH public sector aiming to increase access to improved sanitation facilities. We support partner organisations that work on demand creation (amongst users); involve WASH entrepreneurs and financial institutions (a working private sector); and support the development of a working public sector. As an Alliance, this is what we refer to as “system change”. To realise system change, WASH Alliance partner WASTE has developed a unique approach called the Diamond Business Approach.
- SFD for Addis Ababa? - by: kengelly October 27, 2016Hi everyone, Before reinventing the wheel, I'm wondering whether anyone is working on an SFD for Addis Ababa? I see other cities in Ethiopia have their SFDs up on the portal but I haven't been able to find one for Addis. If anyone is underway in their research please do let me know as PSI would love to support! Alternatively if anyone would like to […]
- Re: How to measure job creation potential for sustainable sanitation systems? - by: marrath October 27, 2016Thank you for the replies! Dear Elisabeth and Steven, it is very interesting to hear that in this year, both World Toilet Day and World Water Day focus on job creation. The forum is indeed good for getting an overview of jobs in the sector (Also the question of how to integrate existing practices and workers into an improved system). What I try to do in my t […]
- Re: Why FSM gets prioritised - by: JKMakowka October 27, 2016paresh wrote: I am aware that more people are connected to on-site systems and they are looked as stop-gap arrangement while engineers and planners prefer sewerage system. Realistically speaking on-site sanitation will stay the defacto standard in most places for the foreseeable future, therefore the need for FSM. But my impression is also that many engineer […]
- PhD for a research project on Water and Sanitation Services Coproduction in the Urban South (Brussels and Liége) - by: CeciliaRodrigues October 26, 2016Hi all, I came across a tempting PhD position in Brussels, that might be of interest for someone here. I am pasting below: (n-aerus.net/wp/?wysija-page=1&contro...tions&user_id=62) Regards, Cecilia -------------------- 1 PhD for a research project on Water and Sanitation Services Coproduction in the Urban South Description: In the framework of a rese […]
- Re: Why FSM gets prioritised - by: ddiba October 26, 2016I would suggest that you stop by the SuSanA library and search for FSM related publications. There are several available in there for free download. Good luck!
- SFD for Addis Ababa? - by: kengelly October 27, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites