The Dutch WASH Alliance aims to establish sustainable Water, Sanitation and Hygiene systems that can easily be replicated and scaled up. Within the domain of sanitation, we are creating a functioning WASH market and WASH public sector aiming to increase access to improved sanitation facilities. We support partner organisations that work on demand creation (amongst users); involve WASH entrepreneurs and financial institutions (a working private sector); and support the development of a working public sector. As an Alliance, this is what we refer to as “system change”. To realise system change, WASH Alliance partner WASTE has developed a unique approach called the Diamond Business Approach.
What type of content is most useful for you?
- User interface of source separating dry toilets for sitting and squatting - by: LenaK August 16, 2017Here is the description of a new grant we received from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in the area of user interface development: Title of grant: User interface of source separating dry toilets for sitting and squatting Name of lead organization: EOOS Primary contact at lead organization: Harald Gründl / Project lead, Lotte Kristoferitsch / Project […]
- Envirosan tackling South Africa's Sanitation Shortfall - by: bmajwede August 16, 2017Dear Delegates. The Sanitation Shortfall in South Africa may be defined as a combination of the following: • Service Delivery Backlogs (People who have never been served with any form of sanitation) • Refurbishment Backlogs (Sanitation Infrastructure that has deteriorated beyond regular maintenance requirements) • Extension Backlogs (Existing Infrastructure […]
- New WASH'Nutrition practical guidebook (Action Contre la Faim) - by: jpeeters August 16, 2017Dear members, I am pleased to share with you the new guidebook published by Action Contre la Faim in early 2017: WASH’Nutrition - A practical guidebook on increasing nutritional impact through integration of WASH and Nutrition programs, for practitioners in humanitarian and development contexts. This guidebook has been prepared by Action Contre la Faim - ACF […]
- Save the date: 24th SuSanA meeting will take place in Stockholm on 26 August 2017 at SEI: PLEASE REGISTER! - by: Doreen August 16, 2017Dear Everyone, Kindly note that the live stream link for the SuSanA meeting is now available! We have two options. Adobe Connect and You tube. For Adobe Connect, no password is required. Most of the people will be in the Adobe Connect room and here you can communicate with each other, ask questions and the link will consistently be monitored by the team duri […]
- Untreated wastewater from cities expose 885 million people to severe health risks globally: my latest article! - by: ranjanpanda August 16, 2017Hi, Next time when you are lured by the healthy looking fresh vegetables being sold in urban limits or periphery areas, don’t just jump into them. They could have been produced with wastewater, from the nearby city or town, with high levels of faecal contamination hence posing a lot of health risks for you and your family. A just published study by a team of […]
- User interface of source separating dry toilets for sitting and squatting - by: LenaK August 16, 2017