The Dutch WASH Alliance aims to establish sustainable Water, Sanitation and Hygiene systems that can easily be replicated and scaled up. Within the domain of sanitation, we are creating a functioning WASH market and WASH public sector aiming to increase access to improved sanitation facilities. We support partner organisations that work on demand creation (amongst users); involve WASH entrepreneurs and financial institutions (a working private sector); and support the development of a working public sector. As an Alliance, this is what we refer to as “system change”. To realise system change, WASH Alliance partner WASTE has developed a unique approach called the Diamond Business Approach.
- Re: list of abbreviations and acronyms - by: muench April 26, 2015I have been asked where the edit button is to edit this list of abbreviations in Wikipedia. To answer this question I have made a screenshot and marked the edit button with a red oval. So, please go here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProj...iations_and_acronyms and then click on the edit button that is in the red oval to add additional abbreviations. […]
- Re: Reply: Editing the Wikipedia page on handwashing - by: F H Mughal April 26, 2015Dear Michael, I have briefly looked at the wikipedia page for handwashing. I would like to add the following in the page: • Reference to the UN General Assembly Resolution 64/292 of 3 Aug 2010 may be given. The resolution ‘recognizes the right to safe and clean drinking water and sanitation as a human right that is essential for the full enjoyment of life an […]
- Re: How should we call the excreta-derived product of a composting toilet or a UDDT? Do we need a new term? - by: KaiMikkel April 26, 2015Where are the marketing minds when we actually need them?!
- Re: How should we call the excreta-derived product of a composting toilet or a UDDT? Do we need a new term? - by: DrBates April 26, 2015I think we have tried all or most of the related soil/compost terms...and none seem to fit. I re-propose: UDDT solids
- Re: How should we call the excreta-derived product of a composting toilet or a UDDT? Do we need a new term? - by: joeturner April 26, 2015I'd say humus is also a bad term. Faecal material which has been in storage for a long time might be essentially stable (or maybe even 'finished' or 'cured' as compost) but equally may not be. In a UDDT the material has dried without much microbial activity, particularly if the pH is high. I doubt this chemically or physically resemb […]
- Re: list of abbreviations and acronyms - by: muench April 26, 2015
- Liberian ODF communities did not experience transmission of the Ebola virus April 16, 2015Mr. deVries, Chief of Party of Global COmmunities described the fight against the virus and the Community Led Total Sanitation program as an incredible and challenging experience.He said with all of these challenges faced by his entity during his tenure, tremendous progress was made in the fight against the Ebola virus, especially in safe burial and the Comm […]6
- CLTS Sharing and Learning workshop at AfricaSan IV/ Atelier d'apprentissage et de partage du savoir sur l'ATPC lors d'AfricaSan April 11, 2015The CLTS Knowledge Hub and WSSCC will be hosting a one day CLTS Sharing and Learning workshop on Sunday 24th May, the day before the AfricaSan Conference, in Dakar, Senegal. La CLTS Knowledge Hub de l'IDS et WSSCC accueillera un atelier d'apprentissage et de partage du savoir sur l'ATPC le 24 Mai 2015.6
- Call for written evidence on community led health systems and the Ebola outbreak March 27, 2015The Africa APPG together with Polygeia seeks to explore the lessons from the Ebola crisis for community-led health systems strengthening through examining the current response to the Ebola crisis, and gathering evidence from experts and the affected communities in West Africa.6
- ODF communities in Margibi didn't experience Ebola virus March 25, 2015Communities declared Open Defecation Free (ODF) through Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) did not experience any case of the Ebola outbreak, despite other surrounding communities in Marbibi county that experienced the worst cases.6
- Long way to go for a clean India March 23, 2015Indians attained political freedom under the leadership of Mahatma Ghandi, but his dream of a clean India remains unfulfilled.6
- Liberian ODF communities did not experience transmission of the Ebola virus April 16, 2015
Add to favourites