The Dutch WASH Alliance aims to establish sustainable Water, Sanitation and Hygiene systems that can easily be replicated and scaled up. Within the domain of sanitation, we are creating a functioning WASH market and WASH public sector aiming to increase access to improved sanitation facilities. We support partner organisations that work on demand creation (amongst users); involve WASH entrepreneurs and financial institutions (a working private sector); and support the development of a working public sector. As an Alliance, this is what we refer to as “system change”. To realise system change, WASH Alliance partner WASTE has developed a unique approach called the Diamond Business Approach.
- Toilet marketing campaigns in developing countries erode people’s dignity – this is not acceptable - by: RaHaSolutions June 23, 2018Our project model is based on this very fascinating discussion. As proposed by Kris, we, for instance, will give a toilet to a family or a school on condition that the community helps the family/school get the toilets. Typically, a “more urbanized compatriot” will nominate the family/school. In consultation with the family/school, the compatriot will mention […]
- Toilet marketing campaigns in developing countries erode people’s dignity – this is not acceptable - by: JKMakowka June 23, 2018Yes, I agree with Dani's points. Also related:Toilets need water, women suffer under ODF drive www.indiawaterportal.org/articles/toilet...ffer-under-odf-drive
- Solutions for planning sustainable sanitation for a dense settlement on hilly area - by: goeco June 22, 2018npopat, With hilly terrain gravity can be used to advantage for treatment systems requiring no energy input. I would suggest that the key sustainability objective is to avoid direct discharge of wastewater into waterways, and the other key sanitation objective would be to avoid direct community contact with the wastewater. All at low cost of course... Open d […]
- Pellets from UDDT/composting toilet wastes? - by: ainulfirdatun June 22, 2018Hi Kevin, This could also work from other source of FS as long as the raw material meets the criteria of the pelleting process e.g. moisture content I guess. The article here ( ‘LaDePa’ process for the drying and pasteurization of faecal sludge from VIP latrines using infrared radiation --it is open source!) says that sawdust played an important role in adju […]
- Introducing Inclusive Business Sweden from Sweden: A new partner organisation of SuSanA - by: secretariat June 22, 2018We would like to welcome Inclusive Business Sweden from Sweden as a new SuSanA partner organisation! The following text is taken from their application form and was written by the partner organisation themselves. Description and Activities in Sustainable Sanitation: Inclusive Business Sweden (IBS) is a not-for-profit centre whose mission is to enable busines […]
- Toilet marketing campaigns in developing countries erode people’s dignity – this is not acceptable - by: RaHaSolutions June 23, 2018