The Dutch WASH Alliance aims to establish sustainable Water, Sanitation and Hygiene systems that can easily be replicated and scaled up. Within the domain of sanitation, we are creating a functioning WASH market and WASH public sector aiming to increase access to improved sanitation facilities. We support partner organisations that work on demand creation (amongst users); involve WASH entrepreneurs and financial institutions (a working private sector); and support the development of a working public sector. As an Alliance, this is what we refer to as “system change”. To realise system change, WASH Alliance partner WASTE has developed a unique approach called the Diamond Business Approach.
- Ventilation of pits for toilet blocks - by: phreymon November 22, 2017Thanks both for your inputs. These are school toilet blocks, so used only during the day, in a country rather dry and sunny! The solar vent could be a good option. The holding tanks are very big, type 4m width x 6 m length x 2 m depth. Not sure if one or two chimneys, as is usually the case, are sufficient to attract all the air in the right direction, even […]
- ECOLOO in the news on World Toilet Day! - by: ecoloo November 22, 2017World Toilet Day was established by the United Nations Water (UN-Water) to address the global sanitation crisis. The toilet is a wonderful invention that greatly improves our health and well-being, which many of us probably take for granted. ECOLOO was highlighted by LabRoots: www.labroots.com/trending/technology/736...ilet-day-meet-ecoloo Also, ECOLOO contr […]
- Ventilation of pits for toilet blocks - by: goeco November 21, 2017Hi Philippe, Not sure of your exact climatic conditions, but a rotary cowl would only work when there is wind... I would imagine the latrines smell more in still, warm conditions? Is it only cold at night? Are the latrines mostly used during the day? Do the toilets mostly smell when the weather is warmer? The choice with solar extractor fans is either direct […]
- Re: Reducing desiccation time for feces in UDDT - question on research parameters - by: evemackinnon7 November 21, 2017Following this up David
- Strauch (1991) 'Pathogen Safety Zone Graph' Is it relevant?! - by: evemackinnon7 November 21, 2017Thanks for this, yes I have the World Bank book sitting beside now and have reviewed the chapters in detail that contain the individual temperature time die of graph, from what Strauch developed the comprehensive safety zone graph. The thing is and I find troubling is - is it relevant to use with thermophilic composting systems for treatment of raw faecal sl […]
- Ventilation of pits for toilet blocks - by: phreymon November 22, 2017