The Dutch WASH Alliance aims to establish sustainable Water, Sanitation and Hygiene systems that can easily be replicated and scaled up. Within the domain of sanitation, we are creating a functioning WASH market and WASH public sector aiming to increase access to improved sanitation facilities. We support partner organisations that work on demand creation (amongst users); involve WASH entrepreneurs and financial institutions (a working private sector); and support the development of a working public sector. As an Alliance, this is what we refer to as “system change”. To realise system change, WASH Alliance partner WASTE has developed a unique approach called the Diamond Business Approach.
- Solar treatment of feces? - by: ekellogg February 22, 2018Sorry for my ignorance, Tore, but what ahcart are you referring to?
- Postgraduate programme in water and sanitation in Australia, Canada, America - by: SamOricha February 22, 2018Hi Isaac and ALL, Am Samuel, a WASH enthusiast with general interest in Water Resources and Environmental Engineering, specific interest in Rural Sanitation, Water and Wastewater Treatment. I have both research and practical experiences in Water and Wastewater Treatment, Design and Construction of Constructed Wetlands for Septage Treatment, Solid waste manag […]
- Vermi-Trickling Filters (or vermifilters) for Sewage Treatment (looking for help to design) - by: goeco February 22, 2018Hi Bogdan, yes blockage of these small cheap pumps has always been a concern. Indeed they can block with silt building up in the inlet. The pump itself doesn't block, but the buildup of fine particles can stop the water from flowing into the pump which can burn them out. How I've got around that is to use a series of sedimentation drums between the […]
- Vermi-Trickling Filters (or vermifilters) for Sewage Treatment (looking for help to design) - by: goeco February 22, 2018Hi Bogdan, I originally had the small baskets working in series, it was a long plastic tube made out of 40 gallon drums and I pushed the next empty basket in from one end under the inlet, which pushed all the baskets toward the other end. Was just an experiment... which failed because the composting process was too slow and the tube needed to be too long wit […]
- Improving Wikipedia article on "Waste stabilization ponds" - by: muench February 22, 2018Dear Marcos (and anyone else interested in waste stabilization ponds), I’ve made all the changes from your Word document to the Wikipedia article now. I’ve added a new section on Operation and Maintenance because I think that's important. I have also mentioned something about sludge removal for each type of pond now. Isn't it a bit contradictory th […]
- Solar treatment of feces? - by: ekellogg February 22, 2018