The Dutch WASH Alliance aims to establish sustainable Water, Sanitation and Hygiene systems that can easily be replicated and scaled up. Within the domain of sanitation, we are creating a functioning WASH market and WASH public sector aiming to increase access to improved sanitation facilities. We support partner organisations that work on demand creation (amongst users); involve WASH entrepreneurs and financial institutions (a working private sector); and support the development of a working public sector. As an Alliance, this is what we refer to as “system change”. To realise system change, WASH Alliance partner WASTE has developed a unique approach called the Diamond Business Approach.
- Sanitation and health evidence: request for input into a consensus meeting - by: KellyKBaker April 26, 2018Hi Jan and Radu, I realize this thread is aimed at practioners, but I just wanted to bring up another point as a sanitation research that would be worthwhile for considering at your meeting. Understanding the relative benefits of particular sanitation typologies and the pre-conditions that impact the effectiveness of interventions is important. However, ther […]
- Introducing North Carolina State University from USA: A new partner organisation of SuSanA - by: jocetsai April 26, 2018Thanks for the warm welcome, Elisabeth! We are excited to be part of this growing community. We do indeed have updates to our pit emptying device and will be posting them soon. Stay tuned!
- Transitional Sanitation - by: Alice April 26, 2018Dear all, I am searching for sustainable approaches to transitional sanitation. Do you know any concepts related to sanitation in transition (halfway between emergency and sustainable development)? Thank you
- USAID/WASHPaLS grant to test innovative behavior change interventions that reduce exposure to poultry excreta for children - by: campbelldb April 26, 2018USAID/WASHPaLS is seeking expressions of interest from eligible entities to propose and test innovative behavior change interventions that reduce exposure to poultry excreta for children under 5 years old. Find additional information and a copy of the solicitation documents here . To apply, download the application here . For anyone who might have trouble ac […]
- Open Source: “Simple” but professional automated gravity distribution to CW for pre-treated sewage by “floating Valves” & by “self-priming Siphon’s” for raw sewage, made by DIY?! - by: JKMakowka April 26, 2018Thanks a lot for posting about this here and also open-sourcing these designs. I think this is a really important step in breaking a very common and highly problematic chicken-egg sort of issue that you can find in many countries and projects. i.e people shy away from planning works that require difficult to import components, which in turn leads to total un […]
- Sanitation and health evidence: request for input into a consensus meeting - by: KellyKBaker April 26, 2018