This WASHplus Weekly contains 2010 and 2011 resources about water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) issues in disaster or emergency situations. Please contact WASHplus if you have new or upcoming resources to add to this for future issues. Some of the resources in this Weekly include updates of WHO technical notes for WASH in emergencies, the 2011 SPHERE manual on WASH standards, links to USAID and other relevant websites.
- great new behaviour change website! - by: JKMakowka April 20, 2018Thanks for sharing, seems like an useful resource. Is your newsletter also available somewhere directly, preferable with a RSS feed? If you are using Mailchimp or a similar service that would work.
- Condominial Sewerage in Brazil - by: gracebeeler April 20, 2018Hi FH, Maybe what might help you is an operations & maintenance report from the water and sanitation companies themselves? Something like that may not be available publicly but I can ask them if they can share it with you if that is what you have in mind.
- Social Accountability in Water and Sanitation - by: muench April 20, 2018Hi Cecile, I've moved this to the category on "advocacy", as it seems to me that it's an advocacy tool in sanitation - would you agree? The term "social accountability" was also new to me, so thank you to you and Mughal for highlighting this term. (as usual, I also took a look at the Wikipedia article about it: en.wikipedia.org/ […]
- The Sanitation Technology Platform (STeP) is Hiring! - by: astowell April 20, 2018The Sanitation Technology Platform ( www.stepsforsanitation.org ) is a Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation funded initiative the accelerates innovations in sanitation and supports the development and commercialization of transformative technologies. RTI International, STeP's implementing partner, is hiring! If you are passionate about the role of technolo […]
- USAID/WASHPaLs Webinar – Contribution of Community-Led Total Sanitation to Ending Open Defecation: Findings of a Desk Review - by: campbelldb April 20, 2018Hi Elisabeth The desk review is now final and the link to the report is at: https://www.globalwaters.org/resources/assets/washpals/toward-hygienic-environment-infants-and-young-children-review-literature Have a great weekend, Dan
- great new behaviour change website! - by: JKMakowka April 20, 2018