This WASHplus Weekly contains 2010 and 2011 resources about water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) issues in disaster or emergency situations. Please contact WASHplus if you have new or upcoming resources to add to this for future issues. Some of the resources in this Weekly include updates of WHO technical notes for WASH in emergencies, the 2011 SPHERE manual on WASH standards, links to USAID and other relevant websites.
What type of content is most useful for you?
- How many times per day do people wash their hands? - by: fppirco September 26, 2017Dear Mr.Tim WHO and CDC as the two professional institutes have recommended for hand washing WHO focus on health care professional , but CDC as general rule for daily life and diseases preventing . When & How to Wash Your Hands(CDC) www.cdc.gov/handwashing/when-how-handwashing.html Clean hands protect against infection(WHO) www.who.int/gpsc/clean_hands_p […]
- SuSanA members to improve quality of WASH information on Wikipedia: 19 Sept to 19 Nov - by: DianeKellogg September 25, 2017Jennifer McConville, who advises thesis research on water and sanitation topics at SLU (Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, had a great idea. First, she captured the interest of her colleagues by doing a presentation on Sanitation Wikipedia to her department. Given that support, she emailed PhD students to invite them to work on articles related to […]
- How do you get households to connect to existing sewer networks? - by: meleesa September 25, 2017Thank you all for your inputs. We have referred to several examples shared on this post for a guidance note, and hope to be able to share it with you soon.
- Re: Determining the effectiveness and mode of operation of CLTS (EAWAG - Cambodia, Lao PRD, Mozambique and Ghana) - by: miriamharter September 25, 2017Dear Elisabeth, let me come in to give you an answer to your question. I am Miriam Harter, and I am a PhD candidate with Hansi and the project leader of the project “Determining the effectiveness and mode of operation of CLTS (EAWAG - Cambodia, Lao PRD, Mozambique and Ghana)”. Your question was about the behavior change techniques we used in Ghana. Based on […]
- How many times per day do people wash their hands? - by: muench September 25, 2017Dear Tim, I think it is impossible to come up with an "average" figure on that. You'd probably have to group it by type of person, age, gender, profession, whether they have children or not etc. When I look at my own handwashing behavior: While I had babies or children at home I washed my hands much more often then before having children. Once […]
- How many times per day do people wash their hands? - by: fppirco September 26, 2017