This issue contains some of the latest news and announcements about the role of entrepreneurs in providing water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) and household energy products and services. This includes several winners of the Social Entrepreneurs 2012 award by the Schwab Foundation and USAID support for commercializing hand washing and establishing markets for cookstoves in Haiti. Also included is a link to cookstove market assessments by the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves, which provide suggestions for removing barriers that prevent the creation of a cookstove market for more than 20 countries.
- How to get rid of flies in dual chamber UDDT? - by: EcoSwell April 24, 2018Hi all, I'm an intern working on a new dual chamber, UDDT in northern Peru. We have been using the dry toilet for about one month now. There don't seem to be any bad smells, and we all use a few scoops of dry material with each use, but there are always a lot of flies in the chamber that escape when the seat is opened. Any tips on how to mitigate t […]
- Excreta disinfection - by: F H Mughal April 24, 2018Excreta disinfection A recent post of Global Water Pathogen Project, available at: mailchi.mp/abb1fc3b6c9d/april-11-2018-gw...sletter?e=10a5fc3af3 recommends disinfection of excreta in emergencies. The concept is well-taken, especially since this deals with emergency. However, in certain areas, even the drinking water is not disinfected. In the rural areas o […]
- great new behaviour change website! - by: jamespharper April 24, 2018Thanks! This looks great!
- ANSI Calls on Expert Stakeholders to Participate in ISO Project Committee 318 on Community-Scale Resource-Oriented Sanitation Systems - by: BGOODBAUM April 24, 2018By Beth Goodbaum As part of its long-term effort to foster enhanced sanitation on a global scale, the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), the U.S. member body of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), is seeking participants for the newly formed ISO Project Committee (PC) 318, Community-scale resource-oriented sanitation treatmen […]
- Call for contributions on the principle of accountability and the human rights to water and sanitation - by: pascalgarde April 24, 2018Dear Elisabeth, Thank you for your reply and for sharing the link to the forum discussion. This is useful. Indeed, the definiiton of social accountability provided fits the scope of the report. We are actually organizing an expert consultation on 14 & 15 May, which discussions will also feed the report preparation. I believe we can still receive submissi […]
- How to get rid of flies in dual chamber UDDT? - by: EcoSwell April 24, 2018