This issue contains some of the latest news and announcements about the role of entrepreneurs in providing water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) and household energy products and services. This includes several winners of the Social Entrepreneurs 2012 award by the Schwab Foundation and USAID support for commercializing hand washing and establishing markets for cookstoves in Haiti. Also included is a link to cookstove market assessments by the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves, which provide suggestions for removing barriers that prevent the creation of a cookstove market for more than 20 countries.
What type of content is most useful for you?
- DFID/PwC - ICED Facility: WASH Technology Matrix - by: joshpalfreman August 17, 2017To Whom It May Concern, Further to my earlier post in May, 2017 - I have now published a draft version of the WASH Technology Matrix at www.washtechnologymatrix.com . The matrix is part of a DFID funded, PwC led initiative, named ICED, to identify carbon friendly WASH technologies that can be easily procured and purchased/or re-built, in developing countries […]
- defintion of 'faecal sludge' as 'waste' - by: hajo August 17, 2017dear all, I want to have your opinion and if possible also the respective arguments whether 'faecal sludge' (i.e. from pit latrines) can be considered as 'waste' under the following definition contained in a Zambian act of law: “waste” means garbage, refuse, sludges and other discarded substances resulting from industrial and commercial o […]
- Up-scaling Basic Sanitation for the Urban Poor in Kenya (UBSUP) (Water Services Trust Fund and GIZ, Kenya) - by: MauaCharlotte August 17, 2017Dear SuSanA members The UBSUP team would like to give you an update on the current situation of the UBSUP programme. As a reminder, the Upscaling Basic Sanitation for the Urban Poor (UBSUP) is a sanitation programme, which began in 2011, through the Water Sector Trust Fund (WSTF) whose mandate, among others is to finance urban low-income areas and implemente […]
- WEDC is hiring! 4 Water Engineering Jobs - by: pippa August 16, 2017Water, Engineering and Development Centre - 4 Water Engineering Jobs applications close 11th September Our vibrant and growing water engineering research group currently comprises fourteen academic staff. If you are passionate about water engineering and interested to join us, we are recruiting 2 Professors, 1 Senior Lecturer and 1 Lecturer. Further informat […]
- New pS-Eau 'Resources' Review / nouvelle revue pS-Eau 'Ressources' - by: CGenevaux August 16, 2017Dear all, We've just published our new edition of Resources, pS-Eau literature review on WASH topics. This review selects some recent publications from the grey and white literature, focusing on water and sanitation services in developing countries. Resources is available in French and in English, and all documents are free to access. You can download t […]
- DFID/PwC - ICED Facility: WASH Technology Matrix - by: joshpalfreman August 17, 2017