The Briefing Note “Mapping EU Support for Sanitation in Africa”, published by the EU Water Initiative (EUWI) Africa Working Group, is based on a full study by WEDC in association with Hydroconseil. The purpose of the study is to obtain an overview of the status of the involvement of EU Member States and the European Commission in sanitation-related activities in Africa. It is anticipated that the findings of this work will have the potential to be used for both arguing for greater priority for sanitation within the international architecture and also for individual donors to use in discussing their own Official Development Assistance (ODA).
- Solar treatment of feces? - by: hajo February 17, 2018Hi Tore, by coincidence I just returned from Namibia where we ran some trials heating/drying FS from Otji-UDDTs. We put a black 90L container with cover and containing about 40 L FS into a metal lined box (approx. 1 x 1 x1 m3) covered with a glass and into the glaring Namibian sun. We measured temperatures in the box, in the container and in the FS and had t […]
- Renaming and updating the WG7 in light of Agenda2030 - by: scottchen February 17, 2018Claudia: Sustainable WASH and Gender Equality in Institutions, is better, I think. SDGs should be the first priority for all countries. best wishes Scott
- PooPac: Using Oyster Mushrooms to stop human faeces smelling in UDDTs - A Masters Thesis - by: joshuaurieli February 17, 2018Thanks for the comment Tore. The oyster mushroom fruit is edible and highly nutritious. Theoretically the fruit of oyster mushrooms used for treating human faeces could be eaten. Source: www.smithymushrooms.co.uk/ However there are some practical issues with the idea: - Ensuring that the oyster mushroom fruit is well cleaned - Ensuring that no pharmaceutical […]
- Postgraduate programme in water and sanitation in Australia, Canada, America - by: isaacaleminaa February 16, 2018Hello Dr Elizabeth Thank you so much for the response.
- WASH in Schools: - by: isaacaleminaa February 16, 2018Dear Dr Elizabeth, Sorry am reply very late. I actually did not see the message. I wish you could help me re shape my thesis proposal, thank you
- Solar treatment of feces? - by: hajo February 17, 2018