The Briefing Note “Mapping EU Support for Sanitation in Africa”, published by the EU Water Initiative (EUWI) Africa Working Group, is based on a full study by WEDC in association with Hydroconseil. The purpose of the study is to obtain an overview of the status of the involvement of EU Member States and the European Commission in sanitation-related activities in Africa. It is anticipated that the findings of this work will have the potential to be used for both arguing for greater priority for sanitation within the international architecture and also for individual donors to use in discussing their own Official Development Assistance (ODA).
- Invitation to contribute to SuSanA by joining the team of co-leads for Working Group 5 - by: muench June 21, 2018Dear Daniel, Could you please provide an update on the process you are following here? You had a high number of people responding to your invitation to contribute to Working Group 5. What are your next steps now to harness that available energy? Perhaps you've already been in e-mail exchange with these people? I am curious. If your process works then we […]
- Social Media Influence on Health / Hygiene Behaviour - by: conniebenjamin June 21, 2018Dear Alice, See a relevant blog post from WaterAid Cambodia on how they created a viral song about handwashing washmatters.wateraid.org/blog/going-vira...o-a-handwashing-song This blog post is focused on how to reach a lot of people rather than impact on handwashing behaviours, but it's a really fun song! Best, Connie
- Pellets from UDDT/composting toilet wastes? - by: ediauemma June 21, 2018Hi Froggy, Its is great to have you in the forum. I am Emmanuel, I work for GOAL in Uganda. We currently have a very serious refugee situation in Uganda (the Southern Sudanese and DR Congo refugees) and I guess my Country would be a very good case study for your PhD thesis is indeed you have not zeroed in to a particular case yet. I am following the rest of […]
- Introducing WaterSHED from Cambodia: A new partner organisation of SuSanA - by: secretariat June 21, 2018We would like to welcome WaterSHED from Cambodia as a new SuSanA partner organisation! The following text is taken from their application form and was written by the partner organisation themselves. Description and Activities in Sustainable Sanitation: WaterSHED uses a systems-approach to build the rural market for water, sanitation, and hygiene products and […]
- Menstrual Hygiene Webinar Series – recordings and post-webinar discussions - by: sbaeurle June 21, 2018Today at 12 UTC (0500h Los Angeles, 0800h New York, 1300h London, 1400h Berlin, 1500h Nairobi, 1900h Bangkok, 2200h Melbourne) the next and fourth Webinar on Menstrual Hygiene will take place. Webinar 4: Infrastructure Solutions for Menstrual Hygiene Thematic presenter: Bella Monse, GIZ Topic presenter 1: Hashim Khan, GIZ Topic presenter 2: Arundati Muralidh […]
- Invitation to contribute to SuSanA by joining the team of co-leads for Working Group 5 - by: muench June 21, 2018