The Briefing Note “Mapping EU Support for Sanitation in Africa”, published by the EU Water Initiative (EUWI) Africa Working Group, is based on a full study by WEDC in association with Hydroconseil. The purpose of the study is to obtain an overview of the status of the involvement of EU Member States and the European Commission in sanitation-related activities in Africa. It is anticipated that the findings of this work will have the potential to be used for both arguing for greater priority for sanitation within the international architecture and also for individual donors to use in discussing their own Official Development Assistance (ODA).
- Re: Social inclusion, toilet rights, and legal protection for transgender Americans - by: MBass October 28, 2016Public toilet is a right of every individual and people building them are really doing a great job.
- Re: Online survey for menstrual cup users - by: MBass October 28, 2016Thanks for creating the survey. Menstrual cups are indeed helping mankind in preventing pollution. Women use approximately 20 pads or tampons per month and in one year this accounts to 240 pads or tampons. While a single menstrual cup like Cupissima, Diva, Lunette, Instead, etc. can replace this and prevent a considerable amount of potentially avoidable wast […]
- Re: Introducing the Thematic Discussions on Private Sector Engagement in Sanitation and Hygiene - by: janina October 27, 2016Dear all, I'd like to share work the Institute for Sustainable Futures at the University of Technology of Sydney as done in this space through the Enterprise is WASH research project as it seems relevant to these discussions. You can find out more here: enterpriseinwash.info/ Best, Janina
- SFD for Addis Ababa? - by: kengelly October 27, 2016Hi everyone, Before reinventing the wheel, I'm wondering whether anyone is working on an SFD for Addis Ababa? I see other cities in Ethiopia have their SFDs up on the portal but I haven't been able to find one for Addis. If anyone is underway in their research please do let me know as PSI would love to support! Alternatively if anyone would like to […]
- Re: How to measure job creation potential for sustainable sanitation systems? - by: marrath October 27, 2016Thank you for the replies! Dear Elisabeth and Steven, it is very interesting to hear that in this year, both World Toilet Day and World Water Day focus on job creation. The forum is indeed good for getting an overview of jobs in the sector (Also the question of how to integrate existing practices and workers into an improved system). What I try to do in my t […]
- Re: Social inclusion, toilet rights, and legal protection for transgender Americans - by: MBass October 28, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites