The Briefing Note “Mapping EU Support for Sanitation in Africa”, published by the EU Water Initiative (EUWI) Africa Working Group, is based on a full study by WEDC in association with Hydroconseil. The purpose of the study is to obtain an overview of the status of the involvement of EU Member States and the European Commission in sanitation-related activities in Africa. It is anticipated that the findings of this work will have the potential to be used for both arguing for greater priority for sanitation within the international architecture and also for individual donors to use in discussing their own Official Development Assistance (ODA).
What are your sanitation information sources?
- Re: Topic 1: FSM beyond awareness and tools - by: sunetralala January 19, 2017Dear All, One area of concern I have found regarding FSM is the lack of appreciation of the scale of the problem. This is a social, health and environmental question in India. Social because of the people who usually work at this. Health because of the implications of handling faecal sludge with live pathogens. Environmental because the sludge is disposed in […]
- Re: Faecal Sludge Management - The Pathway to 'Clean India'? - by: magdalenabauer January 19, 2017Dear all, Nitya has also created a video about FSM and explained the context in India very well! Have a look and share your thought about it. Do you agree? Kind Regards, Maggie on behalf of the SuSanA Indian Chapter
- Re: Worm toilets and deworming tablets - by: jasonlopez January 19, 2017Angus, In my vermicomposting experience using manure from industrial dairy cows (receiving deworming, antibiotics, supplements, etc.) I never had any issues with worm die off. I'm curious how this works in humans though. I imagine the worst case scenario being mass administration at a school. Any chance your thinking of doing any testing? Best of Luck, […]
- Re: Online Course Faecal Sludge Management: next run January - May 2017! - by: saxena.ajitkumar January 19, 2017Dear Dr ir Mariska Ronteltap, Please let me know is there any fee for participation in this course Regards, Ajit
- Re: Getting the bigger picture - Creating sanitation systems for whole cities. City-wide planning and the role of FSM in the case of India - by: Anjavonfalkenhausen January 19, 2017Dear all, I am posting this text on behalf of Nagasreenivas, Kanchi; Technical Expert for Sanitation Projects at GIZ India: What are instruments for a consistent process from planning to implementation city sanitation infrastructure? Universal goals and policy frame for working towards the “sustainable sanitation” have been established over the last decade t […]
- Re: Topic 1: FSM beyond awareness and tools - by: sunetralala January 19, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites