The Briefing Note “Mapping EU Support for Sanitation in Africa”, published by the EU Water Initiative (EUWI) Africa Working Group, is based on a full study by WEDC in association with Hydroconseil. The purpose of the study is to obtain an overview of the status of the involvement of EU Member States and the European Commission in sanitation-related activities in Africa. It is anticipated that the findings of this work will have the potential to be used for both arguing for greater priority for sanitation within the international architecture and also for individual donors to use in discussing their own Official Development Assistance (ODA).
What type of content is most useful for you?
- How many times per day do people wash their hands? - by: fppirco September 26, 2017Dear Mr.Tim WHO and CDC as the two professional institutes have recommended for hand washing WHO focus on health care professional , but CDC as general rule for daily life and diseases preventing . When & How to Wash Your Hands(CDC) www.cdc.gov/handwashing/when-how-handwashing.html Clean hands protect against infection(WHO) www.who.int/gpsc/clean_hands_p […]
- SuSanA members to improve quality of WASH information on Wikipedia: 19 Sept to 19 Nov - by: DianeKellogg September 25, 2017Jennifer McConville, who advises thesis research on water and sanitation topics at SLU (Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, had a great idea. First, she captured the interest of her colleagues by doing a presentation on Sanitation Wikipedia to her department. Given that support, she emailed PhD students to invite them to work on articles related to […]
- How do you get households to connect to existing sewer networks? - by: meleesa September 25, 2017Thank you all for your inputs. We have referred to several examples shared on this post for a guidance note, and hope to be able to share it with you soon.
- Re: Determining the effectiveness and mode of operation of CLTS (EAWAG - Cambodia, Lao PRD, Mozambique and Ghana) - by: miriamharter September 25, 2017Dear Elisabeth, let me come in to give you an answer to your question. I am Miriam Harter, and I am a PhD candidate with Hansi and the project leader of the project “Determining the effectiveness and mode of operation of CLTS (EAWAG - Cambodia, Lao PRD, Mozambique and Ghana)”. Your question was about the behavior change techniques we used in Ghana. Based on […]
- How many times per day do people wash their hands? - by: muench September 25, 2017Dear Tim, I think it is impossible to come up with an "average" figure on that. You'd probably have to group it by type of person, age, gender, profession, whether they have children or not etc. When I look at my own handwashing behavior: While I had babies or children at home I washed my hands much more often then before having children. Once […]
- How many times per day do people wash their hands? - by: fppirco September 26, 2017