This issue contains some of the latest news and announcements about the role of entrepreneurs in providing water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) and household energy products and services. This includes several winners of the Social Entrepreneurs 2012 award by the Schwab Foundation and USAID support for commercializing hand washing and establishing markets for cookstoves in Haiti. Also included is a link to cookstove market assessments by the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves, which provide suggestions for removing barriers that prevent the creation of a cookstove market for more than 20 countries.
- Skeletal Fluorosis, What aggravates it and what makes fluoride in the water that you drink to go crazy in your body and lead to bone deformity? - by: VikasR July 23, 2016What makes fluoride play around in your body and aggravate? Does a standardized, universal bench mark of 1.5 ppm of fluoride per liter in water hold good? are there other reasons that need to be factored in? Questions in your mind, yes? Ok, lets start things off; The reason for Fluorosis is High levels of fluoride in drinking water supplies and in food grown […]
- The latest posts to Sanitation Updates - by: campbelldb July 22, 2016Below are titles of the latest posts to Sanitation Updates. Some important reports and resources include: - A useful overview of the WASH situation in Africa by the Institute for Security Studies, Refreshing Africa’s future: prospects for achieving universal WASH access by 2030 - A just published WSUP brief - Improving the quality of public toilet services i […]
- Re: How should we call the excreta-derived product of a composting toilet or a UDDT? Do we need a new term? - by: KaiMikkel July 22, 2016DaveBates - When I wrote, "Finally, a positive meaning for the term "human resources"!", I was referring to the fact that most interactions with human resources (as you and I both understand the traditional meaning of the term) can be so mind-numbingly negative. I too hail from the U.S., but your post points out to me how I should have be […]
- Re: New strategy stops pollution and saves the plant nutrients for future recovery (new Smart Toilet from Sweden, a new type of composting toilet) - by: clint July 22, 2016Hola Elizabeth, Thank you so much for helping me in "Quoting" the source. You are exactly correct where I quoted the information. More than helpful!! Pura Vida, Clint
- Re: New strategy stops pollution and saves the plant nutrients for future recovery (new Smart Toilet from Sweden, a new type of composting toilet) - by: muench July 22, 2016Hi Clint, You wrote "Quoting from the internet" but didn't provide the source of WHERE on the internet? I guess it's from Wikipedia's article on helminths: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helminths#Eggs The text looked very familiar to me... No wonder, as I helped write it! If anyone would like to know more about why I work on Wikipedia pages […]
- Skeletal Fluorosis, What aggravates it and what makes fluoride in the water that you drink to go crazy in your body and lead to bone deformity? - by: VikasR July 23, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites