This issue contains some of the latest news and announcements about the role of entrepreneurs in providing water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) and household energy products and services. This includes several winners of the Social Entrepreneurs 2012 award by the Schwab Foundation and USAID support for commercializing hand washing and establishing markets for cookstoves in Haiti. Also included is a link to cookstove market assessments by the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves, which provide suggestions for removing barriers that prevent the creation of a cookstove market for more than 20 countries.
What sanitation topics you are interested in?
- Re: More compact DEWATS technology? - by: Decentral December 3, 2016Hi, When land for constructed wetlands or infiltration is not available may be you have to look at a compact aerobic treatment facility, which might achieve the required level of treatment. Alternatively, anaerobic followed by aerobic treatment. In this case of a hospital, may be disinfection would be necessary as a tertiary treatment, if you discharge into […]
- Google Maps for Locating Clean Toilets - by: F H Mughal December 3, 2016Google Maps for Locating Clean Toilets Google is working with India’s Ministry of Urban Development to start a program, which will provide people with access to clean and healthy toilet facilities, in an effort to cut down on illnesses and disease that can spread from dirty bathrooms and other unsanitary places (www.technobuffalo.com/2016/11/25/google-...-fi […]
- Re: Apart from CSR, what are the possible ways a corporate can get engaged in the sector - by: RoelBlesgraaf December 2, 2016Dear all, Interesting discussion. I'm Roel Blesgraaf, Public Affairs officer WASH with Simavi in the Netherlands. To me the different uses of corporates, companies and private sector adds to the confusion. If we're really talking about big corporates, I think Unilever with their Lifebuoy programme is a good example of engagement in the sector apart […]
- Re: Apart from CSR, what are the possible ways a corporate can get engaged in the sector - by: Marijn Zandee December 2, 2016Dear Cheryl, Interesting to learn about the Toilet Board Coalition (TBC), it seems a good idea and I hope you will be successful in helping to bring sanitation to scale. After an admittedly quick read of the two documents you posted I do have some questions and remarks though. 1) The focus seems to be entirely on the private sector. What role does the TBC se […]
- Health & WASH in Sub-Saharan Africa - Hear from WHO, UNICEF, USAID and World Vision at Aid & Development Africa Summit 2017 - by: AlinaAIDF December 2, 2016Aid and International Development Forum has released an infographic on key challenges and health threats in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA). The infographic provides a snapshot of the current health & WASH situation, communicable diseases, child health and vaccination as well as trends in financing and development assistance. There is a significant gap between […]
- Re: More compact DEWATS technology? - by: Decentral December 3, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites