For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Power of Dog’s Poop - by: F H Mughal January 20, 2018Power of Dog’s Poop I came across some interesting headlines news. In Britain, some streetlamps are powered by dog’s poop. This keeps the streets clean and illuminated. ( www.tpomag.com/online_exclusives/2018/01...&utm_campaign=180115 Dog walkers in Malvern Hills, Worcestershire, are provided free compostable bags and given directions to put their dog’s […]
- Methane Gas Explosion at Kansas City Wastewater Treatment Plant - by: F H Mughal January 20, 2018Methane Gas Explosion at Kansas City Wastewater Treatment Plant According to a recent newsletter, methane buildup caused explosion and broke off the door off at Kansas City wastewater treatment plant. ( www.tpomag.com/online_exclusives/2018/01...&utm_campaign=180115 ). A gas buildup at the Blue River Wastewater Treatment Plant in Kansas City, Missouri, r […]
- Thought provoking: behavioural immune response and "pathogen stress theory of values" - by: JKMakowka January 20, 2018Interesting video lecture on the same topic: (seem like you can't link to a timestamp. Fast forward to 21 minutes in for the relevant part to start.) Warning: includes examples of Nazi propaganda to illustrate the concept of disgust based politics.
- What is the secret to SuSanA's success? - by: F H Mughal January 20, 2018Dear Emily, I support Marijin's views. This forum is a great source for information. The forum's administrators are highly dedicated staff. Elisabeth is a very hard working. Their efforts keep this forum lively and interesting. Regards, F H Mughal
- What is the secret to SuSanA's success? - by: Marijn Zandee January 20, 2018Dear Emily, Thank you for you high praise. One place to look would be the archive of "featured users", some of the questions you ask are also answered there. My personal answers: I started partaking because I really needed the inputs of peers when I entered the WASH sector. Now, I still ask questions from time to time. One reason is that it is a fa […]
- Power of Dog’s Poop - by: F H Mughal January 20, 2018