On 27 July 2011, more than 20 leading international water and development organizations signed and launched the WASH Sustainability Charter. This Charter is a collaboratively-developed mission and set of guiding principles to advance lasting solutions in water, sanitation and hygiene education (WASH). The Charter is available to read and endorse at www.WASHCharter.org.
- Re: Advertising Pit Emptying in Urban Setting (question from Malawi) - by: alabasterg September 1, 2015Dear Nicola, I was involved a few years ago with the development of VacuTug which we tested i na few locations. We found the most successful way of increasing business was to look very carefully at the logistics. If an exhauster goes to a particular area for a particular period, the economies of density kick in ! so the team make an advanced visit and try to […]
- Re: Theme III: Civil society's role in monitoring (Thematic Discussion on Sustainable Development Goals) - by: alabasterg September 1, 2015What do colleagues think of the monitoring ladder concept ? do you think it can work and can we use community sources for some of the "rungs" ?
- Re: Theme III: Civil society's role in monitoring (Thematic Discussion on Sustainable Development Goals) - by: alabasterg September 1, 2015Thanks for the post. I would fully agree with your observations. Some large urban centres pose a significant risk but also have the (limited) capacity to do something. The larger villages are a big problem because of unplanned haphazard urbanisation. It is the urban sprawl which is the most worrying and is the most costly to manage on a per capita basis. The […]
- Re: Theme III: Civil society's role in monitoring (Thematic Discussion on Sustainable Development Goals) - by: MGuenard September 1, 2015Your "ladder" concept could be implemented in terms of "who and where people are the most at risk because of lack of sanitation progress". Large urban concentration of people without sanitation solution is probably most urgent to tackle than small villages (not saying that the latter don't need solutions for sure!), just because of p […]
- Re: Advertising Pit Emptying in Urban Setting (question from Malawi) - by: nicolag September 1, 2015Ok great - thats exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for George, thanks. That link to Linda's albums is great too -thanks Daniel. We are also interested in the billboard but I've been left wondering about its effectiveness so that's good to know. Our main block is people not even knowing that pit emptying (most particularly Gulping), is […]
- Re: Advertising Pit Emptying in Urban Setting (question from Malawi) - by: alabasterg September 1, 2015
- Art students invent new device for cleaning menstrual pads, hygienically and discreetly August 13, 2015A group of students at Art Center College of Design in California have built a low-cost, easy-to-use tool, called Flo, to wash and dry reusable sanitary cloths.6
- The human right to water and sanitation July 15, 2015Water and sanitation are fundamental human rights, and providing access through CLTS is a way of empowering the most unconnected and disadvantaged6
- CLTS Knowledge Hub activities at WEDC Conference 27-31 July June 17, 2015The CLTS Knowledge Hub will be offering four CLTS-related activities at the upcoming international WEDC Conference which is taking place in Loughborough from the 27-31 July 2015.6
- Shit Stunts: Refocusing Priorities in Nutrition and WaSH June 15, 2015Integration of Nutrition and WaSH programmes was the key topic discussed at the multi sectorial panel seminar hosted by Irish Aid, the IFGH and the Development Studies Association of Ireland on the 19th May.6
- Webinar on CLTS and Sustainability June 15, 2015Sustainability is without doubt one of the most burning subject matters that subsumes many of the issues that we are seeing in CLTS and wider WASH practice.On Wednesday 24th June, from 14.00-15.30 BST (convert to your time zone here), the CLTS Knowledge Hub will offer a webinar on the subject.6
- Art students invent new device for cleaning menstrual pads, hygienically and discreetly August 13, 2015
Add to favourites