A new endline report discusses how Peru’s enabling environment for handwashing with soap has progressed since 2007. The research, conducted by the Water and Sanitation Program (WSP), indicates that the enabling environment has been strengthened at both national and regional levels. In addition, efforts to integrate and institutionalize handwashing with soap behavior change into national, regional, and local policies related to health and nutrition, education, water, and sanitation have largely been achieved.
- Re: Should this working group (WG 9) champion the behavior change topic? - by: WASHanna August 28, 2016Hi Everyone, I wanted to flag this thread after the SuSanA 22 meeting yesterday where we discussed the topic of developing a new hygiene BC Working Group. The PPT slides that I used are available here. During the brief discussion period, it was mentioned that we should be clear about whose behavior are we seeking to change? Governments or donors? (I would ar […]
- Re: UDDT versus Pour Flush (with vermi-composting) versus ???: which are sustainable sanitation technologies and systems for peri-urban areas in Africa? - by: kevintayler August 28, 2016Dear Hajo Thanks for your quick reply. First of all, I agree entirely that there is plenty of scope for outsiders to engage with people to develop improved sanitation approaches. That is undoubtedly very important and I have been advocating it for most of the 35 years or so that I have been working on development issues. Like you, I don't think that sew […]
- Re: SuSanA Capacity Development Working Group meeting at Stockholm WWW 2016, Tuesday 30 August from 14.00- 15.30h - by: dorothee.spuhler August 28, 2016Dear all Just a quick reminder for our meeting on Tuesday and an IMPORTANT correction. The meeting will take place from 13.30 to 15.30 (and not from 14.00 as previously announced) in the Room 352, Nora Latin Building, City Conference Centre Stockholm (at the World Water Week Venue), Barnhusgatan 7b, Stockholm (same place as last year). See you there, Dorothe […]
- Re: UDDT versus Pour Flush (with vermi-composting) versus ???: which are sustainable sanitation technologies and systems for peri-urban areas in Africa? - by: hajo August 28, 2016Dear Kevin, Thanks for your posting, I am always happy seeing ‘new faces’ on this thread. I fully agree that we cannot ignore what ‘people are doing themselves’, how they judge their doing, what they want, what ‘official rules and regulations say’, and what the attitude is towards sanitation in general and towards specific solutions in particular. But I thin […]
- Re: UDDT versus Pour Flush (with vermi-composting) versus ???: which are sustainable sanitation technologies and systems for peri-urban areas in Africa? - by: kevintayler August 27, 2016It all depends on whether you think that we should start from where people are or from where we would like them to be. Whatever we 'experts' think, many people in peri-urban areas do use some form of pit latrine, in most cases financing and paying for the latrine themselves. There are many issues with this - I would favour efforts to promote low-vo […]
- Re: Should this working group (WG 9) champion the behavior change topic? - by: WASHanna August 28, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites