Watch BBC presenter Dallas Campbell help unclog a sewer in Mexico City in the BBC programme Supersized Earth. It ain’t pleasant.
How many times do you visit Sanitation Updates per month?
- Re: Working Group 1 (capacity development): Take part in SuSanA's Wikipedia Edit-a-thon 19-21 March - Example: article on capacity development - by: muench March 23, 2017Hi Millie, That's great, thank you! I had a look at the article on capacity development that you edited: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacity_building I see that you changed the first sentence in the lead - the most important part of the article, as it is used in Google search results. So that's great, it's always good to "be bold" on Wiki […]
- Re: Has anyone tried to develop a DALY for sanitation? - by: joeturner March 23, 2017Sandy Cairncross at the LSHTM and collaborators have been producing papers looking at DALYs saved with sanitation for a while, and the results are always quite surprising. One of his recent papers is this one: journals.plos.org/plosmedicine/article?i...journal.pmed.1000367
- Has anyone tried to develop a DALY for sanitation? - by: kengelly March 23, 2017Hi everyone, PSI is big on measuring our health impact, as many of you may know. We do a lot of work in reproductive health, family planning etc. and calculate the likely impact one an individual's health if they adopt a certain product or method. But of course, that's super, super complicated for sanitation. (And really, how much does having a toi […]
- Re: Working Group 6 members: Take part in our Wikipedia Edit-a-Thon 19-21 March ! Example: new article on decentralized wastewater systems - by: Decentral March 23, 2017Dear Elisabeth, Thanks for the improvements, the article looks very well now (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Decentralized_wastewater_system). I did add 2 sentences in the second paragraph of the background, underlining the necessity of the conveyance structure. Regarding the illustration - yes, I would like to add something meaningful, but can not find any sui […]
- Re: HDPE septic tank apply to the Rural sewage treatment in China and South east Asia - by: Dana March 23, 2017Hi Juliana, Thanks for sharing information on HDPE septic tanks. I'm based in Ghana and here we have access to plastic septic tanks, 3000 and 6000 liters. They are roto-molded. As you mention the cost is high, approximately twice the cost of a tank make using ferro-cement. How do you recommend producing HDPE tanks to lower the production cost?
- Re: Working Group 1 (capacity development): Take part in SuSanA's Wikipedia Edit-a-thon 19-21 March - Example: article on capacity development - by: muench March 23, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites