Watch BBC presenter Dallas Campbell help unclog a sewer in Mexico City in the BBC programme Supersized Earth. It ain’t pleasant.
- Building an Effective Psycho-social Support Structure in Schools Solves MHM concerns - by: lindasemana July 15, 2018In a series of steps taken to building the capacity of schools in menstrual health and hygiene management in schools, the WASH and Learn Programme has learned that implementing an effective psycho-social support structure in a school is one of the interventions that make it possible. Having teachers and pupils (both male and female) empowered in menstrual he […]
- Increased Infections: Poor Toilet Design and Disinfection - by: lindasemana July 15, 2018Abstract: We spend the majority of our lives indoors where we are constantly exposed to bacteria residing on surfaces. However, the diversity of these surface-associated communities is largely unknown. We explored the biogeographical patterns exhibited by bacteria across ten surfaces within each of twelve public restrooms. Using high-throughput barcoded pyro […]
- Increased Infections: Poor Toilet Design and Disinfection - by: lindasemana July 15, 2018A practice being around for 100 years does not justify it as being okay. We have broken taboos on menstrual hygiene and this too will be eliminated. We all know toilet seat bacteria can be transferred to the urethral or genital tract as well as the anal area. These are openings into our body that are sat on the affected toilet seat. So we are in a queue and […]
- Increased Infections: Poor Toilet Design and Disinfection - by: bowenarrow July 15, 2018To me the survey is done. Sit on toilets have been in use by millions of people throughout the world for over 100 years with no known side effects other than yours having been alluded too. How have these complainants proved that the infections they have sustained are caused by sit on toilets ? Where is that evidence ? Oral views ? Ross
- Increased Infections: Poor Toilet Design and Disinfection - by: lindasemana July 15, 2018Perhaps you should do a survey. I am talking from personal experience and from the views i have captured. In an organisation of 280 staff i learned that the majority of women had picked infections from the sit on pedestals ...me inclusive. Interesting in a workshop on sexual reproductive health i attended last month - i brought it up and not only was this fu […]
- Building an Effective Psycho-social Support Structure in Schools Solves MHM concerns - by: lindasemana July 15, 2018