Watch BBC presenter Dallas Campbell help unclog a sewer in Mexico City in the BBC programme Supersized Earth. It ain’t pleasant.
What type of content is most useful for you?
- Twin pit pour flush latrines in India - is it timely to call into question the design and operating principles? - by: muench August 20, 2017In my role as moderator: Hi Dean, Just letting you know that I have branched off this thread into a new thread about twin pit pour flush latrines in India, as it was deviating from the original topic of SaTo pans. I have made links in both directions, i.e. from the end of the other thread to here, and from the start of this thread to the other thread so that […]
- Call for specific small-scale / decentralised sewage treatment plant case studies and contacts in India - by: ulrichl August 20, 2017Dear Elisabeth Thanks for waking up this thread. Indeed we got a few returns from this call, also via the SuSanA India chapter. Dear Dean Thanks for sharing your critical thoughts. Should you be discussing products rather than technologies? Different products use the same technologies, but some are more innovative and therefore superior. I assume you are ass […]
- Re: Update: Solutions for pit desludging and sludge management in low income urban settlements in Malawi (Mzuzu University) - by: rochelleholm August 20, 2017Just an update that the Malawi Red Cross Society project has now wrapped up. The project set-up 5 sanitation demonstration centres (model latrines) in two urban cities of northern Malawi, Mzuzu and Karonga. We also provided trainings (business and technical training) to 10 entrepreneurs to deliver solid and liquid waste removal and deposition services to pri […]
- Re: Exploring how to address on-going taboos and silence around MHM for girls in school - by: dannyogwo August 19, 2017Dear Mintje, Is the synthesis report available and the link. Thanks
- Period panties - by: dannyogwo August 19, 2017Yes we have some good period underwear that are cost effective. Our period underwears reusable sanitary protection is environmentally friendly, chemical free for sensitive skins, affordable and customized to meet the menstrual hygiene needs of girls and women. It is unique as it can last up to 3 years if properly used, saving over 75% cost of disposable sani […]
- Twin pit pour flush latrines in India - is it timely to call into question the design and operating principles? - by: muench August 20, 2017