Watch BBC presenter Dallas Campbell help unclog a sewer in Mexico City in the BBC programme Supersized Earth. It ain’t pleasant.
- FSM Pilot Project in south Brazil - by: vitorhfdiogo May 21, 2018Hi Alexandra! Thanks a lot for your reply! Certainly did help a lot! Have you done any tests on nutrients or pathogens? Looking at the results, do you think the raw sludge was less concentrated than expected? Did you run tests on the faecal sludge before designing the DTF? I would expect a higher BOD and COD, based on the literature (and some of our results) […]
- SuSanA Behaviour Change Global Webinar Series: Part 1 (13th of March 13:00 GMT London time) - by: conniebenjamin May 21, 2018Part 2 of the webinar series will be on the 30th of May at 13:00 (London time). Register here: www.susana.org/en/behaviour-change-global-webinar-series-part-2 Find more information and updates here: forum.susana.org/146-webinars-and-online...3-00-bst-london-time
- New Toilets In Indian Trains No Better Than Septic Tanks: IIT Study - by: girishmbu May 21, 2018Dear All, I have gone through the PPT of Dr Ligy Philips available on Susana forum. The evaluation was done in by IIT Madras team in two phases: In first phase, the effluent samples from DRDO biodigester installed at 15 different sites from south India by DRDO Licensee vendors namely Banka BioLoo Pvt Ltd., MAK India Ltd., Eram Scientific Solutions and Shubra […]
- anaerobic wastewater treatment plant design (UASB) - by: muench May 21, 2018Dear Takieddine, Hello to Algeria and welcome to the forum! How did you find out about this forum? That book that Mughal recommended should be very useful. Regarding post-treatment after the UASB, many people use constructed wetlands. High rate algal ponds could be another option. You can also browse the UASB category of this for previous discussions: forum. […]
- Overflows from Combined Sewers - by: JKMakowka May 21, 2018While mixed sewers are being phased out in many developed countries for various reasons (for example declining population), the case can be made that well designed mixed sewers are not a dead-end technology. Besides them being cheaper, it is also easier to treat the diluted effluents in pond like treatment systems and where rainfall is well distributed over […]
- FSM Pilot Project in south Brazil - by: vitorhfdiogo May 21, 2018