- Re: Marketing Training on FSM Facilties - by: tmsinnovation September 28, 2016Dear Sibo I would be really interested in what your current thinking and ideas are around "marketing training for some sales representatives who will market services in Peri Urban Areas". I presume that the areas are Kanyama and Chazanga. If you were able to share some of your thoughts, then the forum members would better be able to engage and add […]
- Re: Theme 2: Implementation Level - by: PaminFinland September 28, 2016Hi, you asked about whether female teachers have to miss school also. In fact the only time I have heard about this problem it has been in schools with male teachers only. It is not a standard thing to have a shrine in the school grounds - only some of the time. We have been talking about possible behaviour change communication strategies, particularly with […]
- Re: Theme 2: Implementation Level - by: Katrin September 28, 2016+++ BRIEF SUMMARY OF THE DISCUSSION SO FAR +++ Dear all, Thank you to all for all contributions so far. In the following, I would like to provide a quick update on the main points and questions that emerged during the last days. The guiding questions were/are: - Do you agree with the statement that WASH in schools does not need more money? - If the education […]
- Re: Theme 2: Implementation Level - by: JovanaD September 28, 2016Hi Cecile, You are right. The brochure does contain mainly western culture references. This is because it was developed in cooperation with the WHO Regional Office for Europe (www.euro.who.int/en/countries) under the WHO/UNECE Protocol on Water and Health. The primary target group for this publication are older primary school pupils and high schools students […]
- Greywater Reuse for Irrigation Purposes - by: MarinaAndj September 28, 2016Dear all, In our project area, we are generating 35 MLD greywater daily. What is the best technology available to treat greywater and reuse for irrigation purposes? I would like to know the feasibility of these technologies, as well as economical details. Please share your case experiences and treatment details. Thank you! Original […]
- Re: Marketing Training on FSM Facilties - by: tmsinnovation September 28, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites
Tag Archives: men’s hygiene
While on a mission in Bangladesh I visited a tea stall where I saw a lot of men getting their daily cup of tea. Tea stalls are a common phenomenon in Bangladesh, it is a place where people gather not just for tea, but to hang out and talk freely about whatever is important to them. Male field workers in the BRAC WASH programme have started visiting these stalls to discuss sanitation and hygiene practices.
Forum theatres are one of WaterAid’s new approaches of improving hygiene in Bangladesh by focusing on men. See below photos of a pilot show in Jogdol bazaar, Magura in west Bangladesh.
Hygiene promotion for men is also being addressed in an EU-funded rehabilitation project in Nepal being carried out by NGO Nepal Water for Health (NEWAH), with support from the IRC International Water and Sanitation Centre. Read more in IRC’s Source Bulletin.
Local health workers in Nepal are performing in village plays to promote men’s hygiene.
It’s an innovative way of getting the hygiene message across to the target audience – men. Targeting men is not easy because, in many districts, men go to India for six months at a time for work.
Read more: IRC, 19 June 2009