How many times do you visit Sanitation Updates per month?
- Re: WG 7: Take part in SuSanA's Wikipedia Edit-a-thon for World Water Day (19th/20th March)! - by: ruthmiskelly February 27, 2017Hi everyone, Thanks so much for registering your interest in the Edit-a-thon! It is exciting to have such a range of SuSanA members on board, and from various different countries! I have posted the first video on How to Start Editing Wikipedia on this general thread Please head to this thread and watch the video to get started! WG 7 specific discussions will […]
- Re: You can help shape the future of the Toilet Board Coalition - by: DianeKellogg February 27, 2017The Toilet Board Coalition is working to strengthen private sector involvement in achieving SDG6. They're asking for input from SuSanA members. It took me 5 minutes to complete their survey. Here's the link: toiletboardcoalition.typeform.com/to/D1mPw5 Hope you can invest 5 minutes in the future of the Toilet Board Coalition. Diane
- Video - How to Start Editing - by: ruthmiskelly February 27, 2017Hi everyone, Great to see such a reaction to the World Water Day Edit-a-thon! Please click on this to watch a 5 min youtube video on how to start editing Wikipedia. It would be wonderful if all those who will be participating in the Edit-a-thon could try out the beginning steps on the video prior to the event. If you have problems , questions , or feedback o […]
- |FSM - by: jincysan February 27, 2017I would like to know the design and technology option to be used for a decentralised unit in a location having less space
- Re: Fecal sludge Management tools - by: muench February 27, 2017Dear Kristina, Have you looked through this sub-category of the SuSanA Forum?: forum.susana.org/component/kunena/277-fs...boxes-and-guidelines This is where I grouped all previous posts dealing with Fecal Sludge Management tools and guidelines. I think you will find pretty much all available tools there. If you find additional ones that have not been mention […]
- Re: WG 7: Take part in SuSanA's Wikipedia Edit-a-thon for World Water Day (19th/20th March)! - by: ruthmiskelly February 27, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites
Tag Archives: men’s hygiene
While on a mission in Bangladesh I visited a tea stall where I saw a lot of men getting their daily cup of tea. Tea stalls are a common phenomenon in Bangladesh, it is a place where people gather not just for tea, but to hang out and talk freely about whatever is important to them. Male field workers in the BRAC WASH programme have started visiting these stalls to discuss sanitation and hygiene practices.
Forum theatres are one of WaterAid’s new approaches of improving hygiene in Bangladesh by focusing on men. See below photos of a pilot show in Jogdol bazaar, Magura in west Bangladesh.
Hygiene promotion for men is also being addressed in an EU-funded rehabilitation project in Nepal being carried out by NGO Nepal Water for Health (NEWAH), with support from the IRC International Water and Sanitation Centre. Read more in IRC’s Source Bulletin.
Local health workers in Nepal are performing in village plays to promote men’s hygiene.
It’s an innovative way of getting the hygiene message across to the target audience – men. Targeting men is not easy because, in many districts, men go to India for six months at a time for work.
Read more: IRC, 19 June 2009