- Request for Proposal for Distribution of ECOLOO products - by: goeco December 17, 2017What a vision, what grand altruism! Just what the world needs, I see on your website that this is a patented system using "special formulated bacteria" that locks the solids away for 30 years until safe. I'm sure the system has been fully explained and debated in the forum, so I can relax now because here is the best solution for the worlds sa […]
- Looking for Scholarship to Study Masters of Water and Sanitation in UK - by: chrissy December 17, 2017Dear F H Mughal Thank you for this magnificent opportunity, this is the great opportunity I always look for to ensure I elevate my professional carrier. Therefore, on this opportunity of AIT, I am going to apply. Moreover, am also looking opportunities like this from other countries. Please, Susana Members let help the Young Water and sanitation professional […]
- Request for Proposal for Distribution of ECOLOO products - by: ecoloo December 17, 2017After a sustained period of development and following successful installations, great customer satisfaction, amazing global awards and recognition ECOLOO Group is seeking to engage service providers (Distributor) to provide local distribution services relating to its Sustainable Sanitation Solutions for sales, rental and maintenance activities worldwide. ECO […]
- Looking for Scholarship to Study Masters of Water and Sanitation in UK - by: F H Mughal December 17, 2017Dear Mr. Christossy Lalika, If you are interested in doing M. Eng. in Environmental Engineering (Water and Wastewater Engineering), from the Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, then go to their website and apply www.ait.ac.th They offer full and partial scholarships, as well Good luck! F H Mughal
- Introducing Tide Technocrats from India: A new partner organisation of SuSanA - by: F H Mughal December 17, 2017Dear Pelumi, How many partners we have on this forum? Please name them. I believe you must have categorized them (e.g., advocacy, policy, sanitation hardware, etc) Regards, F H Mughal
- Request for Proposal for Distribution of ECOLOO products - by: goeco December 17, 2017
Tag Archives: men’s hygiene
While on a mission in Bangladesh I visited a tea stall where I saw a lot of men getting their daily cup of tea. Tea stalls are a common phenomenon in Bangladesh, it is a place where people gather not just for tea, but to hang out and talk freely about whatever is important to them. Male field workers in the BRAC WASH programme have started visiting these stalls to discuss sanitation and hygiene practices.
Forum theatres are one of WaterAid’s new approaches of improving hygiene in Bangladesh by focusing on men. See below photos of a pilot show in Jogdol bazaar, Magura in west Bangladesh.
Hygiene promotion for men is also being addressed in an EU-funded rehabilitation project in Nepal being carried out by NGO Nepal Water for Health (NEWAH), with support from the IRC International Water and Sanitation Centre. Read more in IRC’s Source Bulletin.
Local health workers in Nepal are performing in village plays to promote men’s hygiene.
It’s an innovative way of getting the hygiene message across to the target audience – men. Targeting men is not easy because, in many districts, men go to India for six months at a time for work.
Read more: IRC, 19 June 2009