Sanitation and Water for All (SWA) will soon launch a new initiative to help off-track countries meet their WASH goals. The National Planning for Results Initiative (NPRI) aims to pool donor support to develop in-country planning capacity. SWA announced the initiative during their session on National Sanitation Planning at the 6th World Water Forum in Marseilles. The official launch of the NPRI will take place at the upcoming SWA High Level Meeting in April this year.
- Volunteering Position as WASH Coordinator in rural Dominican Republic - by: KrisKreter May 24, 2018Dear all, Here I leave you a description of a Volunteering Position as WASH Coordinator in rural areas in the Dominican Republic: Volunteering Position as WASH Coordinator, rural Dominican Republic About the need The municipality of Baitoa is located in the Dominican Republic’s northern province of Santiago and is home to approximately 14,000 people. The are […]
- A New Technique to Purify River Water for Use in Rural Communities - by: F H Mughal May 24, 2018Roughing filters are not used for wastewater management. The name of the publication is: Surface Water Treatment by Roughing Filters Regards, F H Mughal
- Excreta disinfection - by: F H Mughal May 24, 2018Dear Elisabeth, The book, nevertheless, is interesting. I like the publication. The lead author is Daniele Lantagne of Tufts University, a great name in the field of WASH. Regards, F H Mughal
- Excreta disinfection - by: muench May 24, 2018Dear Mughal, This book chapter (in open access format) - which is linked to from the GWPP newsletter - might answer some of your questions, I think: www.waterpathogens.org/book/emergency-response It gives some examples for disinfection in emergency responses for the diseases of Ebola and Cholera. E.g. it says: two novel in situ treatment/disinfectant systems […]
- SANIRESCH - New Integrated Content on the SuSanA Website - by: muench May 24, 2018Dear Ainul, Thanks for this, it's a good move to integrate that content so that it can be found from within the SuSanA library in future. In hindsight, I wonder if it was worth the effort to set up a separate website for the 3-year SANIRESCH project (I was at the time at GIZ when this project was carried out by Martina Winker who was in my team). I reme […]
- Volunteering Position as WASH Coordinator in rural Dominican Republic - by: KrisKreter May 24, 2018