Watch BBC presenter Dallas Campbell help unclog a sewer in Mexico City in the BBC programme Supersized Earth. It ain’t pleasant.
How many times do you visit Sanitation Updates per month?
- Re: Reuse of Faecal Sludge in Agriculture in Mzuzu, Malawi - by: Adrianm318 February 20, 2017Hi, Thanks for the responses. Chris: Interesting suggestions and many thanks for them. Unfortunately there isn't equipment for testing for ascaris here currently. Having done an inventory can mainly test for nutrients as nitrogen and phosphates which will help assess suitability for agriculture and there's also COD testing equipment. I'm not s […]
- Re: 4th International Faecal Sludge Management Conference - 19-22 February 2017 in Chennai, India - Meet us at the SuSanA Booth! - by: magdalenabauer February 20, 2017Dear all! Greeting from the SuSanA Booth at FSM4 Chennai! It conference kicked-off some hours ago. If you want to know whats going on please follow us on twitter @susana_org or @FSM_India with #FSM4 and #FSMCleanUpIndia We will keep up updated about all important events there! Kind Regards, Maggie on behalf of the SuSanA Secretariat
- Re: Meeting of Working Group 1 at the FSM4 Conference in Chennai, India (between the 19th and 23rd of February) - by: seshadri February 20, 2017I will attend the meeting. As this is the first time I attend WG1, I will be more of a spectator to get to know more information.
- Re: 4th International Faecal Sludge Management Conference - 19-22 February 2017 in Chennai, India - Meet us at the SuSanA Booth! - by: muench February 19, 2017That's a very cool flyer, thank you. For those of us who weren't able to travel to Chennai: is there any live streaming from the sessions this week? The live streaming from the SuSanA meeting in Chennai on Saturday worked superbly! I had it on my mobile phone and took it with me everywhere, to the kids' soccer matches, in the car, shopping... […]
- Re: Emptying of sludge - How can we know the consistency of the fecal sludge during the emptying if it can be pumped or not? - by: kevintayler February 19, 2017I agree that it would be useful if the question could be clarified. However, here are some initial thoughts, based on my own experience. First, I would say that, in addition to septic tanks, many leach pits are pumpeable. Experience in Indonesia shows that there is sometimes a need to mix some water with the pit contents before pumping it and it is possible […]
- Re: Reuse of Faecal Sludge in Agriculture in Mzuzu, Malawi - by: Adrianm318 February 20, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites