In the 1940s, the Walt Disney Studios produced a series of educational films on sanitation and hygiene promotion for developing countries. The films, in the Health for the Americas series, were aimed at Latin America. They were commissioned by the now defunct Office of the Coordinator of Inter-American Affairs (CIAA), which was later renamed Office of Inter-American Affairs (OIAA).
- anaerobic wastewater treatment plant design (UASB) - by: muench May 21, 2018Dear Takieddine, Hello to Algeria and welcome to the forum! How did you find out about this forum? That book that Mughal recommended should be very useful. Regarding post-treatment after the UASB, many people use constructed wetlands. High rate algal ponds could be another option. You can also browse the UASB category of this for previous discussions: forum. […]
- Overflows from Combined Sewers - by: JKMakowka May 21, 2018While mixed sewers are being phased out in many developed countries for various reasons (for example declining population), the case can be made that well designed mixed sewers are not a dead-end technology. Besides them being cheaper, it is also easier to treat the diluted effluents in pond like treatment systems and where rainfall is well distributed over […]
- Online training - Introduction to WASH for Development - by: Sinead May 21, 2018Introduction to WASH for Development will provide those starting, or preparing to work, in the WASH sector with the fundamental principles and approaches to more usefully engage and support efforts to work towards achieving SDG6. Participants will be introduced to the core principles for planning, designing and implementing activities to improve sustainable […]
- Online training - Introduction to Integrated Water Management - by: Sinead May 21, 2018Introduction to Integrated Water Management equips participants with the fundamental principles and theory of Integrated Water Management to critically analyse water management problems and identify sustainable solutions. Join the International WaterCentre for this four-week online training course, commencing 28 May. Key topics The course includes: Theory an […]
- Overflows from Combined Sewers - by: F H Mughal May 20, 2018Overflows from Combined Sewers Wikipedia gives the definition of combined sewers as: A combined sewer is a sewage collection system of pipes and tunnels designed to also collect surface runoff. This type of gravity sewer design is no longer used in building new communities (because current design separates sanitary sewers from runoff), but many older cities […]
- anaerobic wastewater treatment plant design (UASB) - by: muench May 21, 2018