In the 1940s, the Walt Disney Studios produced a series of educational films on sanitation and hygiene promotion for developing countries. The films, in the Health for the Americas series, were aimed at Latin America. They were commissioned by the now defunct Office of the Coordinator of Inter-American Affairs (CIAA), which was later renamed Office of Inter-American Affairs (OIAA).
- Re: New Study from Bangladesh - finds CLTS ineffective without subsidies - by: Marijn Zandee April 18, 2015Joe, Thanks for posting this. It says in the article, that the community motivation program (LLP) was modeled after CLTS. Is there more info in the document as to how close it resembles "pure CLTS"?
- Re: Using urine from school UDDTs as fertiliser for apple and cherry trees in Gansu Province, China - update on a successful business - by: muench April 17, 2015Yes, isn't it great? Scott sent me the mp4 file of the same video this afternoon (600 MB) and I have just finished uploading it to Youtube (SuSanA's Youtube channel). You can watch it here (7 minutes long): Scott's link above to a Chinese video sharing website shows the same video and is great for people who live in countries where Youtube is […]
- Re: Using urine from school UDDTs as fertiliser for apple and cherry trees in Gansu Province, China - update on a successful business - by: KaiMikkel April 17, 2015Thanks to Carol McCreary for locating the following video that showcases the focus of this thread and thanks most to Scott Chen for his invaluable ecological sanitation efforts - you are an inspiration!
- Re: Introducing x-runner mobile system - by: Jessixr April 17, 2015Dear Elisabeth Thank you for following up! Separett and x-runner officially collaborate since last year and Separett Director Mikael Billsund has shown incredible dedication, patience, and generosity to enable us to purchase and import the toilets at very low costs. This partnership didn't come to happen overnight and both parties put a lot of time and […]
- Re: Urine Documentary - by: scottchen April 17, 2015Hi, Elisabeth: Please find the v.youku.com/v_show/id_XOTMzNTk4MDA4.html for the Urine Sperpowers documentary. best regards Scott +++++++++++ Note by moderator: A link on Youtube to the same video is also available here: For further comments on Scott's work it's best to use this thread: forum.susana.org/forum/categories/175-fo...-successful-business […]
- Re: New Study from Bangladesh - finds CLTS ineffective without subsidies - by: Marijn Zandee April 18, 2015
- Liberian ODF communities did not experience transmission of the Ebola virus April 16, 2015Mr. deVries, Chief of Party of Global COmmunities described the fight against the virus and the Community Led Total Sanitation program as an incredible and challenging experience.He said with all of these challenges faced by his entity during his tenure, tremendous progress was made in the fight against the Ebola virus, especially in safe burial and the Comm […]6
- CLTS Sharing and Learning workshop at AfricaSan IV/ Atelier d'apprentissage et de partage du savoir sur l'ATPC lors d'AfricaSan April 11, 2015The CLTS Knowledge Hub and WSSCC will be hosting a one day CLTS Sharing and Learning workshop on Sunday 24th May, the day before the AfricaSan Conference, in Dakar, Senegal. La CLTS Knowledge Hub de l'IDS et WSSCC accueillera un atelier d'apprentissage et de partage du savoir sur l'ATPC le 24 Mai 2015.6
- Call for written evidence on community led health systems and the Ebola outbreak March 27, 2015The Africa APPG together with Polygeia seeks to explore the lessons from the Ebola crisis for community-led health systems strengthening through examining the current response to the Ebola crisis, and gathering evidence from experts and the affected communities in West Africa.6
- ODF communities in Margibi didn't experience Ebola virus March 25, 2015Communities declared Open Defecation Free (ODF) through Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) did not experience any case of the Ebola outbreak, despite other surrounding communities in Marbibi county that experienced the worst cases.6
- Long way to go for a clean India March 23, 2015Indians attained political freedom under the leadership of Mahatma Ghandi, but his dream of a clean India remains unfulfilled.6
- Liberian ODF communities did not experience transmission of the Ebola virus April 16, 2015
Add to favourites