In the 1940s, the Walt Disney Studios produced a series of educational films on sanitation and hygiene promotion for developing countries. The films, in the Health for the Americas series, were aimed at Latin America. They were commissioned by the now defunct Office of the Coordinator of Inter-American Affairs (CIAA), which was later renamed Office of Inter-American Affairs (OIAA).
What type of content is most useful for you?
- Wastewater/water reuse - Water Currents, August 22, 2017 - by: campbelldb August 22, 2017This issue of Currents features articles and reports related to wastewater and water reuse, to tie in with the theme of World Water Week 2017 taking place in Stockholm, Sweden next week. This annual event brings together experts, practitioners, and decisionmakers from a range of sectors and countries to network, exchange ideas, and foster new thinking about […]
- Faecal Sludge Treatment by means of bio-predating using house fly larvae (Musca Domestica) - by: Makgatha August 22, 2017Dear Ellen; Thank you for the interaction and interest in the subject matter. Unfortunately, I did not pursue the research on this subject matter, but rather worked on a subject that had to do with aeration efficiency in activated sludge systems. I will advise that you contact to Prof Chris Buckley, I know that he does work in similar fields, and he should b […]
- Introducing Sindhi Adhikar Manch Association from India: A new partner organisation of SuSanA - by: secretariat August 22, 2017We would like to welcome Sindhi Adhikar Manch Association (SAMA) from India as a new SuSanA partner organisation! The following text is taken from their application form and was written by the partner organisation themselves. Description and Activities in Sustainable Sanitation: Sindhi Adhikar Manch Association was registered as an NGO in 2012 . Our has been […]
- Introducing Tide Technocrats from India: A new partner organisation of SuSanA - by: secretariat August 22, 2017We would like to welcome Tide Technocrats Private Limited from India as a new SuSanA partner organisation! The following text is taken from their application form and was written by the partner organisation themselves. Description and Activities in Sustainable Sanitation: Tide Technocrats has been working in the areas of sanitation, solid waste management an […]
- Research project about faecal sludge drying, at the Pollution Research Group (South Africa) - by: muench August 22, 2017Dear Santiago, Thanks for providing this information on a very interesting and useful research project on faecal sludge drying! You said that:The diffusion of the information will be done by classical means (publication of papers in peer-review journals, presentation in conferences, infographics) and by interactive platforms (organization of web seminars and […]
- Wastewater/water reuse - Water Currents, August 22, 2017 - by: campbelldb August 22, 2017