In the 1940s, the Walt Disney Studios produced a series of educational films on sanitation and hygiene promotion for developing countries. The films, in the Health for the Americas series, were aimed at Latin America. They were commissioned by the now defunct Office of the Coordinator of Inter-American Affairs (CIAA), which was later renamed Office of Inter-American Affairs (OIAA).
What type of content is most useful for you?
- Free MOOC “Introduction to Public Health Engineering in Humanitarian Contexts” - by: Amy October 18, 2017Greetings, Sharing information on a new online (MOOC) course “Introduction to Public Health Engineering in Humanitarian Contexts” that might be interesting for you. See below for more info. The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Eawag-Sandec and École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) are launching the free online course “Introduction t […]
- using a double vault vermi-digesters for single households (max 10 people) in high density areas of Lusaka? - by: hajo October 18, 2017Hi Dean, Sorry, I misunderstood your sketch in the previous posting - caused also by my colour-disturbance. I thought the impervious layer is UNDER the rubble and the pervious layer above the rubble. The latter is correct but the impervious layer is under the topsoil and under the rubble there is nothing. I was also mislead by my understanding that a constru […]
- Hepatitis A Disease: Directly Related to Sanitary Conditions - by: F H Mughal October 18, 2017Hepatitis A Disease: Directly Related to Sanitary Conditions According to the newsletter of Global Water Pathogens Project, hepatitis A virus (HAV) is a significant cause of infectious hepatitis and a major cause of enterically transmitted infectious hepatitis. Endemic levels of HAV are related to hygienic and sanitary conditions with high-income regions hav […]
- A new book on toilet in Mongolian - by: oyunlt October 18, 2017Local Solutions Foundation, an Ulaanbaatar based NGO is releasing a new book "Let's Change Our Toilets" written by Oyungerel Tsedevdamba on World Toilet Day. The book will contain 32 topics including: 15 topics on toilet technological solutions, 10 topics on sludge management solutions and innovations, and 7 topics on policies and best communi […]
- Two studentships at Cranfield University - by: AParker October 18, 2017The deadline for the Msc by Research has now been extended until Oct 24th.
- Free MOOC “Introduction to Public Health Engineering in Humanitarian Contexts” - by: Amy October 18, 2017