In the 1940s, the Walt Disney Studios produced a series of educational films on sanitation and hygiene promotion for developing countries. The films, in the Health for the Americas series, were aimed at Latin America. They were commissioned by the now defunct Office of the Coordinator of Inter-American Affairs (CIAA), which was later renamed Office of Inter-American Affairs (OIAA).
- Sustainable Waterless Sanitation and Waste Management Solutions - South Africa - by: muench May 21, 2018Dear Henriette, Could you tell us more about this?:Our business started in Johannesburg - mainly to provide accessible sanitation to athletes/people with disabilities at events. (Another long discussion)Sounds interesting. Also could you post some photos of your units? Regards, Elisabeth P.S. By the way, feel free to add a link to your website into your foru […]
- FSM Pilot Project in south Brazil - by: vitorhfdiogo May 21, 2018Hi Alexandra! Thanks a lot for your reply! Certainly did help a lot! Have you done any tests on nutrients or pathogens? Looking at the results, do you think the raw sludge was less concentrated than expected? Did you run tests on the faecal sludge before designing the DTF? I would expect a higher BOD and COD, based on the literature (and some of our results) […]
- SuSanA Behaviour Change Global Webinar Series: Part 1 (13th of March 13:00 GMT London time) - by: conniebenjamin May 21, 2018Part 2 of the webinar series will be on the 30th of May at 13:00 (London time). Register here: www.susana.org/en/behaviour-change-global-webinar-series-part-2 Find more information and updates here: forum.susana.org/146-webinars-and-online...3-00-bst-london-time
- New Toilets In Indian Trains No Better Than Septic Tanks: IIT Study - by: girishmbu May 21, 2018Dear All, I have gone through the PPT of Dr Ligy Philips available on Susana forum. The evaluation was done in by IIT Madras team in two phases: In first phase, the effluent samples from DRDO biodigester installed at 15 different sites from south India by DRDO Licensee vendors namely Banka BioLoo Pvt Ltd., MAK India Ltd., Eram Scientific Solutions and Shubra […]
- anaerobic wastewater treatment plant design (UASB) - by: muench May 21, 2018Dear Takieddine, Hello to Algeria and welcome to the forum! How did you find out about this forum? That book that Mughal recommended should be very useful. Regarding post-treatment after the UASB, many people use constructed wetlands. High rate algal ponds could be another option. You can also browse the UASB category of this for previous discussions: forum. […]
- Sustainable Waterless Sanitation and Waste Management Solutions - South Africa - by: muench May 21, 2018