Sanitation experts at IRC have compiled the first version of a reference guide on low-cost sanitation for non-sewered service models, SanPack for short. Dr Christine Sijbesma and Joep Verhagen have collected materials that cover services for all stages of the sanitation life cycle, from preparation activities to the emptying, recycling and productive use of toilet contents. Per stage you can find a short intro text and links that lead you to relevant documents on a specific topic.
- Is there any guideline and design to calculate toilets and urinals for school - by: bineshroy September 30, 2016Hi I am looking a guideline/standard to calculate number of toilet required based on student ratio for public school. For example, toilet:student ratio needs to be 1:50 and sometimes it is not practical to construct 40 cubical when a school have 2,000 students. So, is there any guideline how to calculate number of urinal required for girls and boys. Is thare […]
- Re: Habitat III: 17 - 20 October 2016, Quito (New Urban Agenda and events) - by: canaday September 30, 2016Dear Cecilia, Antonio and everyone, I live in Ecuador and am available to participate in sustainable sanitation events during Habitat III, especially if they are hands-on and practical. I would also like to invite participants to visit our UDDTs in the Omaere Ethnobotanical Park in Puyo (5 hours by bus from Quito; omaere.wordpress.com) or in other places whe […]
- Re: ~500,000 people in the U.S.A. lack adequate water and sanitation - by: ddiba September 29, 2016Thanks for sharing this insightful piece Kai. It actually turns out that the numbers may be much higher than 500k since the article says; Nearly half a million households in the United States lack the basic dignity of hot and cold running water, a bathtub or shower, or a working flush toilet, according to the Census Bureau. Depending on household sizes, the […]
- Re: Theme 2: Implementation Level - by: CWendland September 29, 2016Dear all, please be reminded that we in the WG7 have created a collection of sustainable WASH in School stories on the SuSanA wiki. You find 26 stories from all over the world on the wiki when you go SuSanA Wiki -> WG 7 -> School Stories see also attachment You are invited to place your own story there, if you have any interesting case to share! The wi […]
- Re: Theme 2: Implementation Level - by: JovanaD September 29, 2016Capturing pupils' perceptions on toilet facilitates in schools With the aim to get pupils’ perspective on water, sanitation and hygiene conditions in schools, the European Environment and Health Youth Coalition (EEHYC) conducted a Survey on hygiene knowledge, attitude and practice in Lithuania (Vilnius city and district), Romania (Piatra Neamt town) and […]
- Is there any guideline and design to calculate toilets and urinals for school - by: bineshroy September 30, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites