Sanitation experts at IRC have compiled the first version of a reference guide on low-cost sanitation for non-sewered service models, SanPack for short. Dr Christine Sijbesma and Joep Verhagen have collected materials that cover services for all stages of the sanitation life cycle, from preparation activities to the emptying, recycling and productive use of toilet contents. Per stage you can find a short intro text and links that lead you to relevant documents on a specific topic.
- Comparative Study of Sanitation Authorities in Africa - by: bossman January 24, 2018Hello Team. I am doing a comparative study of Sanitation Authorities in Africa. Could you help by sharing documents setting up Sanitation Authorities in African countries or related documents on the subject?
- Homeless International's learning briefs published - by: aquelefelipe January 23, 2018We will start a implementation of Toiletes in the City of Rio de Janeiro. So thanks for the document. Soon as possible we will share the progress
- Improved Pit Emptying Technology - by: nicolag January 23, 2018Hi Everyone As you may know, North Carolina State University has been developing the Flexcrevator: A safe and cost-effective system for emptying pit latrines that aims to eliminate the need for manual pit emptying. The project began in 2011 with funding from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Since then, more than four iterations of the design have been […]
- WASH Jobs/Consultancies (23/01/2018) - by: JoshuaNewton January 23, 2018I will do my best to keep posting the weekly WASH positions here again. Since individual links are difficult to hyperlink here, you can find the below WASH jobs and consultancies (and all open positions to date) at this link (searchable). Jobs: 1) Portfolio Manager (Southeast Asia) – water.org (Kansas City, MO, USA): Until filled 2) Senior Water and Sanitati […]
- Comparative Study of Sanitation Authorities in Africa - by: bossman January 24, 2018