Sanitation experts at IRC have compiled the first version of a reference guide on low-cost sanitation for non-sewered service models, SanPack for short. Dr Christine Sijbesma and Joep Verhagen have collected materials that cover services for all stages of the sanitation life cycle, from preparation activities to the emptying, recycling and productive use of toilet contents. Per stage you can find a short intro text and links that lead you to relevant documents on a specific topic.
- the 1st Separett UDDT in Datong city - by: scottchen April 19, 2018Hi, Claudia： the purpose is to find a solution to change the stinky dry toilets of the 2000 households along the both sides of River Tang. It is easy for the peasants to use the urine as fertilizers for growing apples in their own yard. Only few people do not need the urine or solid waste. The solid waste can not be composed in the toilet , as Carol says. Th […]
- How do we use our data? - by: JKMakowka April 19, 2018Very relevant comment from the RWSN blog:You cannot manage what you do not measure; but should you measure what you cannot manage? rwsn.blog/2018/04/19/you-cannot-manage-w...t-you-cannot-manage/
- Will urine divertion might disrupt proper functioning of small scale aerobic waste water system (activated sludge or biofilter)? - by: BPopov April 19, 2018JKMakowka wrote: This is a bit hard to say theoretically, but generally the aerobic digestion should not be N or P limited even if the urine is separated (and you could always dose a bit of the collected urine into the system if needed). However this doesn't have any impact on the size or cost of the primary and secondary (the biofilter / AS) treatment […]
- Reply: the 1st Separett UDDT in Datong city - by: Ecowaters April 19, 2018No, no----not a cheaper product by Separett but a different product that Separett would have to customize for you. Given the photos I see, I would suggest using urine diverters and urinals with large batch containers---either in the existing but emptied pits or on the floor. Add ventilation stacks/pipes with NO BENDS. I understand that this is about a busine […]
- Reply: the 1st Separett UDDT in Datong city - by: scottchen April 19, 2018Hi, Kizito Richard, Millions of millions Chinese farmers are using the pit latrines. Now our top leader issues an order to change the stinky toilets within 3-5 years. The policy makers only trust normal flush toilets and are against the dry toilets. What I am doing is to demonstrate to them there are morder dry toilets which are more ecological than the wate […]
- the 1st Separett UDDT in Datong city - by: scottchen April 19, 2018