Sanitation experts at IRC have compiled the first version of a reference guide on low-cost sanitation for non-sewered service models, SanPack for short. Dr Christine Sijbesma and Joep Verhagen have collected materials that cover services for all stages of the sanitation life cycle, from preparation activities to the emptying, recycling and productive use of toilet contents. Per stage you can find a short intro text and links that lead you to relevant documents on a specific topic.
What are your sanitation information sources?
- "Clean Hands Prevent Cold and Flu–What you need to know to protect yourself through good hygiene!” February 7 at 11 am EST - by: BijanFHI360 January 23, 2017Did you know there is no inoculation to prevent you from the common cold? While the flu vaccine can reduce the risk of infection by 60%, they are just one step you can take to stay healthy. Cold and flu infections result in over 160 million missed schooldays and $16.3 billion of earnings lost each year, but they can be prevented through good hygiene practice […]
- Re: Other Sanitation Networks - Complete the List with yours - by: muench January 23, 2017Dear Arno, Thanks for starting this list. Could you please clarify a bit more what you meant with We've started to compile a list of sister networks in order to solidify collaboration in the near future. What are sister networks? How did you choose the ones that are currently on your list? E.g. in which way would Saniblog.org be a sister network? Isn […]
- Thank you for celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the Sustainable Sanitation Alliance with us! - by: secretariat January 23, 2017Dear all, we had the great pleasure to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Sustainable Sanitation Alliance in Eschborn, Germany on the 17th of January 2017. The theme of the anniversary was, "10 years SuSanA: How the changed sanitation paradigm contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals" We had an exciting review of the last decade and an i […]
- Re: Reply: Best decentralized treatment solution for a city without a centralized sewage system? - by: cecile January 23, 2017Dear Qasem, There was one publication on composting toilets in remote and cold areas by Geoff Hill. You can find it in SuSanA's library here:An evaluation of waterless human waste management systems at North American public remote sites I am not suggesting the solution is composting toilets (the conclusion was that the degradation of fecal matter was no […]
- Re: We have a mobile version of the forum for smartphones and tablet computers - Further improvements - by: dotwerkstatt January 23, 2017Hello, we want to update the forum to a never version in the next months (using the funding by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, see explanation here on the Forum: forum.susana.org/component/kunena/10-ann...l-knowledge-platform). With this update we will close security holes and bring the forum to actual technical standards. This will need a lot of ti […]
- "Clean Hands Prevent Cold and Flu–What you need to know to protect yourself through good hygiene!” February 7 at 11 am EST - by: BijanFHI360 January 23, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites