Just when another German minister is forced to resign after being accused of plagiarism, two less well-known sanitation scientists have been put to shame for the same offence.
- Re: Production and Market Demonstration of Fecal Sludge By-Products At Scale (Sanergy, Kenya) - by: muench May 3, 2016For people with an interest in black soldier fly larvae (insect-based animal feed) production from human excreta, read on: I recently saw this in one of Sanergy's recent newsletters: Preparing to launch PureProtein We have made significant progress on commercializing our insect-based animal feed operation. First, we’ve developed a brand name – PureProte […]
- Re: FSM per capita cost for Nepal or South Asia (seeking information) - by: muench May 3, 2016Dear Laxman, David recently mentioned a costing toolkit here in this post: forum.susana.org/forum/categories/53-fae...-concept-for-myanmar He wrote: We used the Septage Management Toolkit to check the numbers and they are presented in the attached Excel spreadsheet. This is a toolkit developed by USAID 9 years ago. Interestingly, we have used different versi […]
- Re: Sustainable Sanitation Practice #26 Composting - by: muench May 3, 2016Dear Paul, Thanks for pointing this out. I found this link on their website, it seems to work: www.ecosan.at/ssp/issue-26-composting Cheers, Elisabeth
- New Eawag/Sandec report on chemical pollution in low- and middle-income countries. - by: donahupa May 3, 2016What are the risks of chemical pollutants to human and environmental health? New Eawag/Sandec report on chemical pollution in low- and middle-income countries has been published, giving a global overview of this issue. It is available at: www.eawag.ch/en/department/sandec/public...chemical-pollution/.
- Re: Implementer's Guide to Lime Stabilization for Septage Management in the Philippines - by: dmrobbins10 May 3, 2016Hi Pawan, It is a great suggestion and I think it would be easy to test. Recommend setting up a simple jar testing bench scale treatability study. Easy and inexpensive, and will provide you with information on the required dosing of hydrated lime for this application. If you try it, please let me know what you find out. thanks for the post, Dave
- Re: Production and Market Demonstration of Fecal Sludge By-Products At Scale (Sanergy, Kenya) - by: muench May 3, 2016
- A dirty secret April 8, 2016Almost two-and-a-half billion people lack access to an adequate toilet, and around one billion hapetra
- Sanitation for all: Scaling up is hard to do March 31, 2016On World Water Day 2016, Jan Willem Rosenboom reflects on the challenges and opportunities for mepetra
- A Time for Global Action: Addressing Girls’ Menstrual Hygiene Management Needs in Schools March 16, 2016A lack of adequate guidance, facilities, and materials for girls to manage their menstruation in school is a neglected public health, social, and educational issue that requires prioritization, coordination, and investment.petra
- Webinar on the Partial Usage of Toilets- POSTPONED March 14, 2016This webinar is based on Norms, Knowledge and Usage the 7th edition of Frontiers of CLTS: Innovations and Insights. The webinar will question how serious the problem of partial usage of toilets is, why it occurs and what are the implications for policy, practice and research.petra
- Bad blood: the taboo on talking about periods is damaging lives March 3, 2016We have 5,000 euphemisms for menstruation, but we still can’t talk about it openly – and stop the stigma that’s harming women’s health and educationpetra
- A dirty secret April 8, 2016
Add to favourites