Innovative monitoring tools such as the Qualitative Information System (QIS), sanitation ladders and SenseMaker® are being used in a programme that seeks to provide sustainable sanitation and hygiene services to almost 55 million people in Bangladesh.
How many times do you visit Sanitation Updates per month?
- Re: How can we Involve Citizens in Policy Making for Urban Sanitation? What is the importance of participatory and transparent wastewater governance? - by: Marijn Zandee March 27, 2017Dear Mugal, I understand the idea is that NGOs can be involved to facilitate this process, but that the participation should really be from actual individual community members. Part of the idea is that this creates support in communities. Further, the involved citizens should be given a role in the implementation monitoring to provide accountability. As the […]
- Re: Commercially Viable Business Development Centers - by: ossai March 26, 2017Dear Genevieve, we are yet to integrate your concept of commercially Viable WASH Business Centre into our Rural Business Plan concept. However, I am of the opinion that your concept will resonate with our concept as it will serve as an additional value proposition. Am starting to process the integration ASAP, ofcourse it will require additional training of t […]
- Re: Commercially Viable Business Development Centers - by: kengelly March 26, 2017Hi Ossai, Thank you so much for the response. Our objective is to sell products such as latrine pans, covers, liners as well as to provide training (slab-making, installation, business management etc.) to local enterprises. With the microfinance institutions, were you able to integrate this type of work? Regards, Genevieve
- Re: How can we Involve Citizens in Policy Making for Urban Sanitation? What is the importance of participatory and transparent wastewater governance? - by: F H Mughal March 26, 2017Is involving citizens like involving NGOs, or, both are different? F H Mughal
- Re: WASHwatch - A platform facilitating transparency in monitoring, availability of information and communication - by: muench March 25, 2017Dear Amy, (I am putting this here, rather than in an e-mail to you because I want to help raise awareness about this very useful website that you have developed and to encourage more people to go and take a look and check it out). I have recently taken a closer look at your WASHWatch website when I was verifying data inserted into the Wikipedia article on […]
- Re: How can we Involve Citizens in Policy Making for Urban Sanitation? What is the importance of participatory and transparent wastewater governance? - by: Marijn Zandee March 27, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites