Which issues will sanitation and hygiene practitioners focus on in Asia? This was the question posed to the more than 50 professionals attending the 3rd Asia Regional Sanitation and Hygiene Practitioners Workshop which ends today in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Based on the above “learning cloud”, sludge management appears to be a major concern.
- SpaTap Portable Tap Instantly Transforming Access to water in Rural Schools Used for Handwashing Hygiene - by: muench November 22, 2017Looks interesting! How does your "humanitarian arm" work? I gather you are a small company in Australia. Your product normally costs 25 A$. Not much for an Australian but a lot for e.g. a village person in Rwanda. How does the "donate" button on your website work? Have you been successful in partnering with any of the international NGOs o […]
- Further Development of Sludge Digger and Dipper (and a question) - by: dandreatta November 22, 2017Previously on this Forum I've introduced two sludge handling tools, the Sludge Digger and the Sludge Dipper, but they have now been developed further and field tested. Both are simple and inexpensive, and both pick up trash with the sludge since they are based on buckets. The Sludge Digger is now a very general purpose device that can handle thick or th […]
- French start-up WéCo launches commercialisation of ecological flush toilets with waste-water-treatment in a closed circuit - by: jorg November 22, 2017Hello Cécile ! According to the users frequency, the sluge tank must be emptied about two or three times per year. Sluge is just pumped out and transported to the local WWTP. We are working on an on-site-solution. But it's not for tomorrow From the mayor's fair in Paris, Jörg
- Evapotranspiration Toilet with a difference from India - by: rajivkr November 22, 2017Dear Elisabeth, Much appreciated. Rajiv
- Ventilation of pits for toilet blocks - by: phreymon November 22, 2017Thanks both for your inputs. These are school toilet blocks, so used only during the day, in a country rather dry and sunny! The solar vent could be a good option. The holding tanks are very big, type 4m width x 6 m length x 2 m depth. Not sure if one or two chimneys, as is usually the case, are sufficient to attract all the air in the right direction, even […]
- SpaTap Portable Tap Instantly Transforming Access to water in Rural Schools Used for Handwashing Hygiene - by: muench November 22, 2017