The Sustainable Sanitation Alliance (SuSanA), in partnership with End Water Poverty, is holding a 2 week thematic discussion on exploring whether the new SDG indicators on sanitation will address the gaps left by the MDGs and what the SDGs can do differently to ensure those most in need have their human right to water and sanitation realised.
How many times do you visit Sanitation Updates per month?
- Re: design and technology option to be used for a decentralised unit in a location having less space - by: goeco April 25, 2017The "biodigester" that Edwin offers as a solution by discretely describing what it does rather than what it is, is actually a vermifilter (an aerobic treatment technology). There is a wikipedia article for reference. Vision Earthcare's product offering also uses vermifiltration, combined with plants. Rather than addressing the question (how to […]
- Re: Defining the Scope of Case Study Research - What is a best practice? - by: nityajacob April 25, 2017Dear all, I am reposting excerpts from a comment from Nipun Vinayak, the Mission Director of the Swachh Bharat Mission. You can read the original on his blog, wordpress.com/read/blogs/82690141/posts/360. A discussion is on in the SuSanA ( Sustainability Sanitation Alliance) regarding nature and utility of case studies for sanitation. The subject assumes impo […]
- What can we reliably say about pathogen removal with vermifilters? - by: muench April 24, 2017I've started a discussion about pathogen removal with vermifilters with Dean offline and he rightly pointed out to rather move our conversation to the Forum. So here it comes: It started by me questioning how pathogen removal is described in the Wikipedia article about vermifilters, see here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Vermifilter#Pathogen_removal.3F Cu […]
- Sanitation Systems categories - by: goeco April 24, 2017The "Sanitation Systems" category is littered with topics and subtopics and in my view should be rationalised to make it easier to find things. How about (sorry, can't get nesting to work): Sanitation systems · Faecal sludge management o Vault content research and faecal sludge characteristics(26/158) o Faecal sludge transport (including empty […]
- Bringing Market Thinking to Humanitarian Response: UK Launch of the Minimum Economic Recovery Standards 3rd Edition - by: jsauer April 24, 2017Bringing Market Thinking to Humanitarian Response: UK Launch of the Minimum Economic Recovery Standards 3rd Edition Please register to attend this event in London on May 4 When? 15:00-17:00 - May 4, 2017 Where? The Stage, Impact Hub Westminster 1st Floor New Zealand House, 80 Haymarket London, United Kingdom SW1Y 4TE How Do I Register? Simply click here to r […]
- Re: design and technology option to be used for a decentralised unit in a location having less space - by: goeco April 25, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites