This conference brings together experts from different sectors – water/sanitation, agriculture, soil, energy and health – to share experiences in the new field of Terra Preta Sanitation (TPS). TPS is being promoted as integrated sustainable solution to address poor sanitation, food insecurity, and soil degradation. It is inspired by the discovery of the anthropogenic ancient soils in the Amazon called Terra Preta.
- Are there any issues with anaerobic digestion of faecal sludge? - by: vishwanathdalvi May 3, 2015Dear SuSanA community, We are designing a waterless toilet at the Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai. An important consideration is disposal of the concentrated feces+urine. We are seriously considering using an anaerobic digester using the Dedko digester technology developed by Flycatcher Technologies (flycatchertech.weebly.com/). We would really appr […]
- Re: Who is doing toilet and FSM product and technology design / R&D and what are you working on? - by: vishwanathdalvi May 3, 2015We are a group from the Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai. We have received a grant from the RTTC to make a water-less toilet. We have ordered the prototype. It should be here by Tuesday. We will post videos and photos for your feedback.
- Re: Who is doing toilet and FSM product and technology design / R&D and what are you working on? - by: vishwanathdalvi May 3, 2015I really like the clog-proof toilet with the pivoting seat. Could you make it so that the seat could tip with less water?
- Re: New study: dealing with Helminths should be part of the SDGs - by: vishwanathdalvi May 3, 2015Hi all, I am just entering this field but I already see Helminths being discussed as a bigger problem than e-coli (which I expected to be the main problem). I would really appreciate some pointers about the thinking in fecal matter handling. Thanks! And I do apologise if this is the wrong Topic for this question.
- Re: New study: dealing with Helminths should be part of the SDGs - by: DrBates May 3, 2015Cristoph: That is a belief that I reached many years ago from a literature review and article that I read long ago, and I have not questioned it until you just challenged it. Yes I understand your point about relative risk compared to other technologies. Point taken. From what I remember, the article was very supportive of UDDT's...it was just clarifyin […]
- Are there any issues with anaerobic digestion of faecal sludge? - by: vishwanathdalvi May 3, 2015
- Women Leaders target need for sanitation and hygiene April 30, 2015Over 50 female leaders from around the world recently published a declaration calling for the end6
- Ebola response: CLTS running strong in rural Liberia April 28, 2015This week in Bong County, the National Technical Coordinating Unit (NTCU) – responsible for setting Liberia’s national WASH guidelines – verified 29 new communities as Open Defecation Free (ODF). “What was originally just a short-term basic hygiene promotion has become another successful Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) project,” said Global Communities […]6
- Chienge districts celebrates ODF success April 27, 2015Chienge's achievement as Zambia’s first Open Defecation Free (ODF) district should inspire other regions in the country for similar success, Deputy Minister of Local Government and Housing Danny Chingimbu said at the district’s celebration of attainment of ODF status.6
- Liberian ODF communities did not experience transmission of the Ebola virus April 16, 2015Mr. deVries, Chief of Party of Global COmmunities described the fight against the virus and the Community Led Total Sanitation program as an incredible and challenging experience.He said with all of these challenges faced by his entity during his tenure, tremendous progress was made in the fight against the Ebola virus, especially in safe burial and the Comm […]6
- CLTS Sharing and Learning workshop at AfricaSan IV/ Atelier d'apprentissage et de partage du savoir sur l'ATPC lors d'AfricaSan April 11, 2015The CLTS Knowledge Hub and WSSCC will be hosting a one day CLTS Sharing and Learning workshop on Sunday 24th May, the day before the AfricaSan Conference, in Dakar, Senegal. La CLTS Knowledge Hub de l'IDS et WSSCC accueillera un atelier d'apprentissage et de partage du savoir sur l'ATPC le 24 Mai 2015.6
- Women Leaders target need for sanitation and hygiene April 30, 2015
Add to favourites