This conference brings together experts from different sectors – water/sanitation, agriculture, soil, energy and health – to share experiences in the new field of Terra Preta Sanitation (TPS). TPS is being promoted as integrated sustainable solution to address poor sanitation, food insecurity, and soil degradation. It is inspired by the discovery of the anthropogenic ancient soils in the Amazon called Terra Preta.
- Announcement. Seeking your cooperation for feedback - by: nityajacob July 22, 2018Dear Elisabeth and members, We ran a quick survey of members to understand what they felt about the Chapter. Using Google Forms, this survey collected responses from 45 respondents. The results are: 71% had participated in a SuSanA India Chapter event or discussion in the past 2 years, indicating most respondents were using the Forum regularly. Most had atte […]
- SuSanA at the World Water Week in Stockholm 2018? Meet up? - by: rsilveti July 21, 2018Confirmo mi asistencia como todos los años Saludos Raul Silveti Director Fundacion Sumaj Huasi La Paz Bolivia
- Mass flow analysis / black water characteristic Arba Minch Ethiopia - by: mekonnen145 July 21, 2018www.researchgate.net/profile/Kinfe_Kassa/info Ask Kinfe Kasa from Arba minch university.
- specific definition of a "safely managed pit latrines" according JMP ladder for sanitation and guide how to detrmine it in practice - by: Florian July 20, 2018Hi Josef, I agree this is a tricky issue in practice. I find the defintion relatively clear, but the monitoring difficult. For the definition, there are two parts: 1) Improved sanitation facility: "Improved sanitation facilities are those designed to hygienically separate excreta from human contact, and include: flush/pour flush to piped sewer system, s […]
- specific definition of a "safely managed pit latrines" according JMP ladder for sanitation and guide how to detrmine it in practice - by: pepino July 20, 2018Hello, I am looking for a specific definition of safely managed pit latrine according to JMP sanitation ladder and practically useful instructions how to assess/determine safely managed pit latrine. Materials which I found through the JMP website are too general. I am looking for this for our survey in rural Ethiopia where we exepect that (almost) all latrin […]
- Announcement. Seeking your cooperation for feedback - by: nityajacob July 22, 2018