What sanitation topics you are interested in?
- Re: Sanitation for the Homeless in the US - by: Carol McCreary December 8, 2016Hi, It’s great to see this discussion of toilets for unhoused urban Americans. Developing one or more appropriate technologies which can prove successful will require the experience of people around the world. US cities have had networked sewers for more than a century. They are path dependent on technologies that crushingly expensive and hurt the environmen […]
- Re: small biogas system linked with CHP to produce electricity - by: JKMakowka December 8, 2016There has been some success using plugflow plastic bag digesters, coupled to small generators. There are some Chinese made ones specifically adapted for running on pure biogas, but often it is easier to use one that starts with petrol and just substitute part of the fuel with a biogas injection. However my honest recommendation is to not even try... all thes […]
- small biogas system linked with CHP to produce electricity - by: wini December 7, 2016Dear All, i am working in productive sanitation for IDP settlements in South Darfur. i was looking for technology options to produce electricity from shared and public latrines. Does anyone have an idea about low cost biogas plant and CHP systems. or any studies regarding the topic. Thanks, Wini
- Re: Operation and Maintenance of School Toilet in low resource (especially water scarcity) settings - by: KaiMikkel December 7, 2016Following up on what Krischan wrote, I just checked and at least one part of Guinea receives annual rainfall of 4,300mm (163 inches!). So, based on what you've written it sounds like the problem is not a lack of access to water but either a lack of impermeable roofing material (corrugated steel for instance) and/or a lack of some or all of the other nec […]
- 23rd SuSanA meeting, 17-18 February 2017 - Registration is open now! - by: secretariat December 7, 2016Dear all, we are happy to let you know that the 23rd SuSanA meeting will take place on 17-18 February 2017 prior to the Faecal Sludge Management Conference (FSM4) in Chennai, India. The outline for both days is destined as follows: 17 February 2017 (SuSanA WG Meeting and Open Exchange Forum, half day): SuSanA WG 7 Meeting on WASH in Schools Open Exchange For […]
- Re: Sanitation for the Homeless in the US - by: Carol McCreary December 8, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites