In the 1940s, the Walt Disney Studios produced a series of educational films on sanitation and hygiene promotion for developing countries. The films, in the Health for the Americas series, were aimed at Latin America. They were commissioned by the now defunct Office of the Coordinator of Inter-American Affairs (CIAA), which was later renamed Office of Inter-American Affairs (OIAA).
What are your sanitation information sources?
- Re: We have a mobile version of the forum for smartphones and tablet computers - Further improvements - by: muench January 20, 2017By the way, this is how the SuSanA Discussion Forum is present on my mobile phone, see the light green icon in the middle of the screen: It looks like an App, doesn't it? It's not. It's simply a shortcut to the mobile version of the website. How to get this shortcut icon onto your phone? Take your phone and go to the internet and put in www.fo […]
- Sanitation Action Summit, 18 November 2016, Mumbai, India: Reflections - by: Sanchita January 20, 2017To support and accelerate the objectives of the Swachh Bharat Mission India, the Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative Council (WSSCC) along with Global Citizen India, the Government of India, and the Government of Maharashtra, created a platform for listening and learning during the Sanitation Action Summit held in Mumbai on 18 November 2016. The summit […]
- Re: Worm toilets and deworming tablets - by: Angus January 20, 2017Thanks for the help everyone, It sounds like the deworming tablets won't necessarily be harmful to the worms in the toilet then, particularly if worms can survive dewormed cow manure. This is just as well, because I've confirmed that all schoolchildren under 15 are given deworming tablets once a year. I don't know how I could go about doing an […]
- Re: Getting the bigger picture - Creating sanitation systems for whole cities. City-wide planning and the role of FSM in the case of India - by: magdalenabauer January 20, 2017Dear all, thanks for havin this discussion so far. Your contributions are valuable for us and our partners. I wanted to inform you that the output of this discussion will be taken to the GIZ workshop on 23rd February as part of FSM4. Additionally, we also will prepare a synthesis document, where all comments and argumentd will be summarized. Hope this is som […]
- Re: Getting the bigger picture - Creating sanitation systems for whole cities. City-wide planning and the role of FSM in the case of India - by: monikab January 20, 2017To trigger the discussion further, I would like to pose the third question as 3. How is FSM playing a role here? Examples for integrated planning As mentioned in one of the replies, it is interesting to see that the decision makers, engineers do understand now that the need for FSM solutions to address the gaps in city wide sanitation solutions. The critical […]
- Re: We have a mobile version of the forum for smartphones and tablet computers - Further improvements - by: muench January 20, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites