WASHTech aims to facilitate cost effective investments in technologies for sustainable water, sanitation and hygiene services. The WASHTech Technology Assessment Framework is a tool for identifying blockages to sustainability and scalability.
What type of content is most useful for you?
- New SATO Connection System for Twin-Pit Pour Flush Latrines - by: goeco August 19, 2017Hi Alexandra, the principle is very simple... Two pits. The toilet flushes into one pit until it fills with sludge, then the diverter rotates the flush into the other pit. By the time that side is full, the other side has reduced to manure and is ready to be dug out. Same principles as twin vermicomposting, just slower. The point I am making is that the proc […]
- New SATO Connection System for Twin-Pit Pour Flush Latrines - by: alexandra85 August 19, 2017Dear colleagues For those who are not familiar with the Indian context (including myself), can someone explain in few words what is the principle of a twin pit pour flush latrine? Thanks
- New SATO Connection System for Twin-Pit Pour Flush Latrines - by: goeco August 19, 2017Given the number of these being constructed, seems timely to call into question the design and operating principles. To me they look less than adequate. The diverter itself is great... but it leaves the rest of the technology dragging behind. I see no improvement in the 2012 manual to the 1984 twin pit design... Perhaps because the design is well proven? Nev […]
- Call for specific small-scale / decentralised sewage treatment plant case studies and contacts in India - by: goeco August 19, 2017Thanks Elisabeth for plugging this thread, which I was unaware of. Lukas,We are now at a point where we have a good number of some of the most common treatment technologies assessed (activated sludge, SBR, MBBR, DEWATS) Should you be discussing products rather than technologies? Different products use the same technologies, but some are more innovative and t […]
- New SATO Connection System for Twin-Pit Pour Flush Latrines - by: goeco August 19, 2017