WASHTech aims to facilitate cost effective investments in technologies for sustainable water, sanitation and hygiene services. The WASHTech Technology Assessment Framework is a tool for identifying blockages to sustainability and scalability.
What are your sanitation information sources?
- Best decentralized treatment solution for a city without a centralized sewage system? - by: MarinaAndj January 17, 2017Most of the cities in Afghanistan are built without a proper sewage system, for example: Kabul is a metropolitan city with only 3% of the houses connected to sewage and treatment plant. 97% of the city does not have sewage systems and treatment plant for wastewater and they only collect the toilet wastewater: in septic tanks (18%), […]
- Re: The Tiger Toilet which works with worms - like in-situ vermi-composting (field trials in India, Uganda and Burma) - Bear Valley Ventures Limited, UK - by: goeco January 17, 2017Hi Stephen, yes an excellent innovation having the toilet "bowl" on a hinge and even better that your local "makers" are producing this themselves from easily sourced materials. Also a great idea to recycle the washwater for the bowl. I'd be even more impressed if your methods were open sourced and available to everyone. Jonathan, ha […]
- Re: Topic 1: FSM beyond awareness and tools - by: shaji January 17, 2017The mindset of the people needs to be changed.
- Re: The Tiger Toilet which works with worms - like in-situ vermi-composting (field trials in India, Uganda and Burma) - Bear Valley Ventures Limited, UK - by: smecca January 16, 2017I completely agree with you Dean. Tiger Toilet is a brand. My lab and the Global Sustainable Aid Project (GSAP) have been training local artisans to build our version (locally sourced and locally fabricated) of the vermicomposting toilet, the GSAP Microflush Toilet, for several years. There are multiple local species of worms (we use e-fetida) that work well […]
- Best decentralized treatment solution for a city without a centralized sewage system? - by: MarinaAndj January 17, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites