The Foundation believes that community engagement is essential to ensure sustainable access to improved sanitation and that community led total sanitation, or CLTS is the most effective approach to realise this (Boorstin refers to a 2011 WSP report supporting this).
What type of content is most useful for you?
- SuSanA members to improve quality of WASH information on Wikipedia: 19 Sept to 19 Nov - by: DianeKellogg September 22, 2017Thanks, Chris. I see your reasoning about a shorter list. In practical terms, people will be working on the ones that need the most work. The baseline study does include 70 because we thought it valuable to have those good examples in the mix with the ones that need more work. Our thinking was that it would help people see what "better" and "b […]
- SuSanA members to improve quality of WASH information on Wikipedia: 19 Sept to 19 Nov - by: canaday September 22, 2017Hi Diane and Elisabeth, I would suggest that many of those pages are in good shape. It might be worthwhile to make a shorter list of pages that need help and diagnose them (This one needs references, that one photos, these proofreading, those translations, that one creation from scratch, etc.). Like I have mentioned before, I recommend any Forum members who […]
- What can we reliably say about pathogen removal with vermifilters? - by: hajo September 22, 2017Dear Mohammad, I am not the right address for your question, but I will try what I can and hope Dean will jump in where necessary: surely 'worm' is not equal 'worm', composting worms you find here en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vermicompost under 'Suitable worm species'. A leech is not a composting worm and looks quite different, please […]
- What can we reliably say about pathogen removal with vermifilters? - by: hajo September 22, 2017Hi Dean, nice to meet you also on this thread.. ... and you understood my questions correctly, sorry for being possibly a bit vague... I am a bit surprised to read that some 'research' proves that vermi-composting eliminates ascaris and others do not. I had - the obviously wrong perception - that 'research' has such high standards, that r […]
- Review process for “Compendium of Sanitation Technologies in Emergencies” just started I Become involved! - by: rob# September 22, 2017Hi Chris, Elisabeth, thanks for your comments and sorry for getting back to you so late. During the last weeks we were busy finalising a first draft of all technology sheets (already more than 60 by now), all corresponding cross-cutting issues chapter and had some in-depth discussions on the overall structure of the document. Hence we hadn't sufficient […]
- SuSanA members to improve quality of WASH information on Wikipedia: 19 Sept to 19 Nov - by: DianeKellogg September 22, 2017