The Foundation believes that community engagement is essential to ensure sustainable access to improved sanitation and that community led total sanitation, or CLTS is the most effective approach to realise this (Boorstin refers to a 2011 WSP report supporting this).
How many times do you visit Sanitation Updates per month?
- Re: New MHM resources - by: Mintje March 27, 2017Thank you for sharing Ina, I also included some of the documents you mentioned in the preparatory readings below. Looking forward to hear your thoughts on Dr. Marni Sommer's opening post on "Exploring how to address on-going taboos and silence around MHM for girls in School", which is now online under Theme 1: Breaking the taboo around MHM. […]
- Re: Starting Soon: TDS 12 "Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM) in Schools - A neglected issue" - by: Mintje March 27, 2017Dear all, thank you for the expressed interest in our discussion. Dr. Marni Sommer has now started our discussion on Theme 1: Breaking the taboo around MHM. Please follow this link to join the Topic! I'm looking forward to read your replies!
- Re: WASHwatch - A platform facilitating transparency in monitoring, availability of information and communication - by: muench March 27, 2017Dear Amy, Thanks for replying so quickly! I totally agree with you, stay with the British convention of dot and comma (i.e. using the comma for thousand separator). I just pointed out that people from other countries might get confused (like I did). So if you can come up with a smart way of making it double clear, that would be great. The 36.450 x 1000 can b […]
- New from WASHwatch: Donor Profiles - by: AmyKeegan March 27, 2017Hi all, I am excited to share with you that WASHwatch have just released our new Donor Profiles. Our aim for these profiles is to provide the information needed to increase donor accountability within the sector. (For more information read our WASHwatch blog) Which donors are being profiled? Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, CzechRepublic, Denmark, Estoni […]
- Re: ~500,000 households in the U.S.A. lack adequate water and sanitation - by: AmyKeegan March 27, 2017Hi all, Just to clear up some questions from WASHwatch - there has been a bit of confusion as to how we portray our access figures due to differences in . & , The actual access figures from the Joint Monitoring Programme by WHO & UNICEF are US Lack access to improved water: 2 686 000 US Lack access to improved sanitation: 36 110 Germany Lack access t […]
- Re: New MHM resources - by: Mintje March 27, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites