The Toilet Board Coalition brings together some of the most forward-thinking organisations in the sanitation space: Firmenich, Kimberly-Clark, LIXIL Corporation and Unilever represent the business sector; Dr Val Curtis of the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine and Barbara Evans of the University of Leeds bring academic rigour to the table; and a number of development sector and governmental bodies bring their one-of-a-kind resources and specialist knowledge: Agence Française De Développement; the Asian Development Bank; the UK’s Department for International Development; Stone Family Foundation; WaterAid; Water and Sanitation for the Urban Poor (WSUP); Water Supply & Sanitation Collaborative Council (WSSCC); the World Bank’s Water and Sanitation Programme; the World Toilet Organization; Water and Sanitation for Africa; and UNICEF.
- Evapotranspiration Toilet with a difference from India - by: rajivkr November 20, 2017Thanks Nitya. The evapotranspiration toilet being built by Marta and Pawan seemed interesting. The data that you have put together with Marta and Pawan, in the attachment makes the storyline more robust and the technology an interesting option for places with high water table...well up to a point Shrikant Navrekar and others had a brief discussion about this […]
- Strauch (1991) 'Pathogen Safety Zone Graph' - by: evemackinnon7 November 20, 2017Thanks Rajiv for the link. I had tried to search for this and not found it - so much appreciated! It is interesting because it succinently collates the separate graphs of Feacham et al (1983) in to one paper. Is this safety zone still the go reference for optimum treatment parameters - especially for composting - in time and temperature. As kris, shared the […]
- What is the difference between (sanitation) marketing? and market based approach (for sanitation programmes)? - And translation to French? - by: cecile November 20, 2017Dear all, Thank you for all your answers. I think we have now quite a comprehensive understanding of the differences between sanitation marketing and market based approach. Market based approach (l'approche axée sur le marché) looks at market development and involves a wide range of players and actions as explained by John in his post. For example, work […]
- Ventilation of pits for toilet blocks - by: phreymon November 20, 2017Dear all, I am currently looking at the design of school toilet blocks in Tajikistan. Ventilation is a general problem in the visited school latrines, even in the new ones. The common design (from Soviet times) is a number of drop holes (usually around 10 - 5 for boys and 5 for girls) over a single huge holding tank. At best, there is one or two ventilation […]
- Strauch (1991) 'Pathogen Safety Zone Graph' - by: JKMakowka November 20, 2017This (page12): ec.europa.eu/environment/archives/waste/.../pdf/sludge_eval.pdf has a higher quality version, but is not clearly attributed, so maybe not what you are looking for.
- Evapotranspiration Toilet with a difference from India - by: rajivkr November 20, 2017