The Toilet Board Coalition brings together some of the most forward-thinking organisations in the sanitation space: Firmenich, Kimberly-Clark, LIXIL Corporation and Unilever represent the business sector; Dr Val Curtis of the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine and Barbara Evans of the University of Leeds bring academic rigour to the table; and a number of development sector and governmental bodies bring their one-of-a-kind resources and specialist knowledge: Agence Française De Développement; the Asian Development Bank; the UK’s Department for International Development; Stone Family Foundation; WaterAid; Water and Sanitation for the Urban Poor (WSUP); Water Supply & Sanitation Collaborative Council (WSSCC); the World Bank’s Water and Sanitation Programme; the World Toilet Organization; Water and Sanitation for Africa; and UNICEF.
- Fecal Sludge Management - Water Currents, January 17, 2018 - by: campbelldb January 17, 2018Worldwide, 2.7 billion people rely on on-site sanitation, but many lack the means to manage fecal sludge—the muddy mix of fecal matter that accumulates over time in septage or pit latrines, which can have significant health and environmental implications. As a result, fecal sludge management (FSM) has become a key component of providing universal sanitation […]
- Decentralized sanitation a way to go for Ukraine? - by: BPopov January 17, 2018Dear Philippe! Thank you for very useful input! Probably the quantities and characteristic of average household waste water in rural Ukraine would be standard as soon as this household has the flush toilet, washing machine and shower I agree that avoiding septic tanks at each yard make sense But what about the cost of simplified sewer compared to solid free […]
- any interest in new technologies?(specially imported one) - by: Ecowaters January 17, 2018Aquatron is based on toilet stools from Ifö Sanitar and composters from Vera and other sources. The part that the company makes is the centrifugal piece that is installed under the toilet stool to separate solids and liquids. The idea is the solids fall into the composter and the liquids drain to a tank or planted system. We sold them in the United States lo […]
- The new BMZ Water Strategy - by: ValerieB January 17, 2018Dear members, the last year has brought several new developments in the WASH sector. Among them is the new Water Strategy by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) which was launched at the World Water Week in Stockholm. This strategy serves as a guideline for all involved partners of the German Development Cooperation. A […]
- Online Course for Faecal Sludge Management | free | enrolling now | starting 1 February 2018 - by: dannyogwo January 17, 2018Dear Aimee, I am referring a colleague to enroll. Hope that is okay. Daniel
- Fecal Sludge Management - Water Currents, January 17, 2018 - by: campbelldb January 17, 2018