Apologies, but no results were found for the requested archive. Perhaps searching will help find a related post.
- Decentralized sanitation a way to go for Ukraine? - by: BPopov January 22, 2018Dear Roumiana Thank you for interesting discussion too! That’s right – I do not want to rely on authorities . I want to rely on communities)))) At the moment it looks for me like broad scale on-site individual waste water treatment with nutrient and water recycling is unrealistic since it may require too much user's involvement, is rather complicated an […]
- New Global Handwashing Partnership page: Hygiene in Emergencies - by: Bijan January 22, 2018Handwashing with soap is critical to protecting health in emergency settings. Proper handwashing not only prevents the spread of disease after natural disasters, conflict, or other emergencies; it also supports recovery in health, education, and other sectors. Still, handwashing with soap has been identified as a major gap in emergency WASH interventions. Vi […]
- Open Defecation (OD) Definition by Wikipedia Requires Revision - by: F H Mughal January 22, 2018Open Defecation (OD) Definition by Wikipedia Requires Revision Wikipedia defines OD as: Open defecation (OD) is the human practice of defecating outside—in the open. In lieu of toilets, people use fields, bushes, forests, open bodies of water or other open space. The practice is common where sanitation infrastructure is not available. About 892 million peopl […]
- How to increase the participation of "practitioners" in SuSanA? - And do we have lurkers or empowered listeners? - by: eendres January 22, 2018Thanks Marjin, F H Mughal, and Cecile! All great insights so far. What I'm hearing is that much of SuSanA's success has to do with: 1. Full-time, dedicated, and effective moderators. (With lots of specific praise for Elisabeth!) 2. SuSanA has a track record of delivering useful information and answers, so it may be a favorite over other fora out th […]
- Photos of the world's toilets, according to income levels - by: ddiba January 22, 2018The Gapminder Foundation, founded by the late Swedish public health professor and statistics "rock-star" - Hans Rosling, has released results from a new project called Dollar Street. In this project, they collected 30,000 photos from 264 homes in 50 countries and sorted them according to monthly incomes. The entire photo collection can be seen on t […]
- Decentralized sanitation a way to go for Ukraine? - by: BPopov January 22, 2018