Designed by the United States Agency for International Development’s Hygiene Improvement Project programme in Uganda, this manual provides guidance and tools for designing a sanitation marketing programme. It allows professionals in the fields of santitation and marketing to comprehensively assess the current market for sanitation products and services and use the results to design a multi-pronged sanitation marketing strategy.
- Improving Wikipedia article on "Waste stabilization ponds" - by: muench January 20, 2018Dear Marcos, Thanks a lot for sending your edits and additions to the Wikipedia article on "Waste stabilization ponds" in a marked up Word document. Good news: your edits have now been incorporated into the Wikipedia article by Diane and myself. The new version looks like this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waste_stabilization_pond Some few points: 1. I mo […]
- Decentralized sanitation a way to go for Ukraine? - by: goeco January 19, 2018Bogdan, no... vermifiltration retains the nutrients mostly in liquid form. In contrast to other treatment systems most of the nitrogen is retained, so is a good option where immediate irrigation to vegetation is viable. What happens when your septic tanks freeze? Do the underground soakage fields also freeze? How deep under the ground must you go for reliabl […]
- What is the secret to SuSanA's success? - by: eendres January 19, 2018From what I've seen, this forum might be the most successful and active discussion forum I've come across in the "development" space. As a former WASH practitioner, I found this community extremely useful. I now work in the health sector on an initiative called the Center for Health Market Innovations (healthmarketinnovations.org). I thin […]
- Introducing new WG 5 co-lead: Daniel Ddiba - by: ECOlaTRINE January 19, 2018Dear Daniel Thank you for your introduction which really address ECOlaTRINE's concerns. We are a very small self-funded company in South Africa who believes in a "waste to value product" principle - especially in an African context/ environment. Although I'm active in the WG4, it doesn't address the turnkey solutions for water, sanit […]
- any interest in new technologies?(specially imported one) - by: Akshay14 January 19, 2018To, Mr. Carol hydroclone was the clone copy of aquatron, but Mr. thammarat doesn't know about aquatron. it is like "two minds one thought" i also don't know much about the system. but by looking at pictures and his videos i get know that he uses septic tanks for treatment. hydroclone only reducing the time for settling solid and liquid in […]
- Improving Wikipedia article on "Waste stabilization ponds" - by: muench January 20, 2018