PATH’s solution is to develop and advance low-cost menstrual management options for girls and women in low-resource settings. Our finding from focus group discussions and literature reviews indicate that girls and women are
interested in disposable products that offer better absorbency and have a cheaper price tag than available options. There are also reusable options (cloth pads and menstrual cups) that can last for several years. These approaches require a higher up-front cost, access to clean water and soap, and thorough drying—resources that are not always available in poor communities. We are currently exploring a hybrid concept (i.e., a combination of a reusable, fluidresistant sleeve with a disposable, absorbent core) to address the growing challenge of disposing of plastic-lined pads and to reduce the cost. This hybrid option could also offer girls and women the flexibility of using a variety of
absorbent materials that are available to them.
What are your sanitation information sources?
- Re: We have a mobile version of the forum for smartphones and tablets - Further improvements (and what about an App?) - by: DianeKellogg January 20, 2017Easy. Great instructions, Elisabeth. The pull down menu choice for my Android phone was "Add to Home Screen."
- Re: We have a mobile version of the forum for smartphones and tablet computers - Further improvements - by: ruthmiskelly January 20, 2017Thanks Elisabeth! Having this shortcut on my phone is going to remind me to log in and keep up to date with the discussions on the forum! (visual prompts always help behaviour change! ) Just to add, for those with iphones, once you log into the mobile version of the site a prompt appears at the bottom of the screen which you can click on to "Add to home […]
- Re: We have a mobile version of the forum for smartphones and tablet computers - Further improvements - by: muench January 20, 2017By the way, this is how the SuSanA Discussion Forum is present on my mobile phone, see the light green icon in the middle of the screen: It looks like an App, doesn't it? It's not. It's simply a shortcut to the mobile version of the website. How to get this shortcut icon onto your phone? Take your phone and go to the internet and put in www.fo […]
- Sanitation Action Summit, 18 November 2016, Mumbai, India: Reflections - by: Sanchita January 20, 2017To support and accelerate the objectives of the Swachh Bharat Mission India, the Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative Council (WSSCC) along with Global Citizen India, the Government of India, and the Government of Maharashtra, created a platform for listening and learning during the Sanitation Action Summit held in Mumbai on 18 November 2016. The summit […]
- Re: Worm toilets and deworming tablets - by: Angus January 20, 2017Thanks for the help everyone, It sounds like the deworming tablets won't necessarily be harmful to the worms in the toilet then, particularly if worms can survive dewormed cow manure. This is just as well, because I've confirmed that all schoolchildren under 15 are given deworming tablets once a year. I don't know how I could go about doing an […]
- Re: We have a mobile version of the forum for smartphones and tablets - Further improvements (and what about an App?) - by: DianeKellogg January 20, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites