Most kids in Cameroon battle diarrhea from time to time, but the good news is that it’s often caused by infections that don’t last long and usually are more disruptive than dangerous.
- Re: Sanitation community in Brazil - by: marcosateixeira September 22, 2014Dear Cecilia, Sorry that took me a long time to find the time to write back. I kind of agree with Mr. Canaday, I came to know SuSaNa when I was working with GIZ (at the time was GTZ), but I also think that the rural sanitation, that is the area my students came to my for guidance and tutoring, is not a hot issue in Brazil; as well as we kind of hold to the i […]
- Re: Press Release: iDE Cambodia hits 100,000 latrine sales in 2 years (twin pit pour flush toilets) - and general discussion - by: BlakeMcK September 22, 2014Dear Hriley, There seems to have been some confusion between all these posts. Let me do my best to clarify. iDE received a TOTAL of $6,637,711 from 3 donors (nearly 7M) to implement the Sanitation Marketing Scale Up (SMSU) Project. SMSU was implemented over 3 years. The 100,000 latrines that were the focus of this press release were all sold in this project. […]
- Re: Sanitation Sustainability Indicators - by: arno September 22, 2014Muchie Would be helpful to know at what organisation you are doing this work. From your profile I can see you are in Harare? If you are there I encourage you to contact the world's most accomplished expert on VIPs and dry toilets, Dr. Peter Morgan. It will be useful to read some of the many relevant reports on www.ecosanres.org and www.susana.org. For s […]
- Re: Ecosan - what is it really? And what is the problem with ecosan? Is there a problem? - by: KaiMikkel September 22, 2014Elisabeth - Your example of commercial composting operations accepting desiccated feces is exactly what I was getting at. Without the necessary infrastructure in place - be it adequate marketing, curbside pickup, centralized processing centers and farmers on board to accept the material or adequate marketing, bicycle lanes, bicycle lockers, workplace showers […]
- Re: Request to VOTE for Ecological Sanitation (ECOSAN) program in Nepal - by: canaday September 22, 2014Dear Thakur, I put in my vote and I hope many others will also do so. I wish you very good luck with this important project, which has much to contribute to controling Global Climate Disruption, as I mention here: inodoroseco.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-dry...weapon-to-fight.html I would be glad to offer advice to help resolve any problems you may encounter dur […]
- Re: Sanitation community in Brazil - by: marcosateixeira September 22, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites