Watch BBC presenter Dallas Campbell help unclog a sewer in Mexico City in the BBC programme Supersized Earth. It ain’t pleasant.
- Re: Sludge Dipping Tools Recently Developed - by: dandreatta August 26, 2016This is a follow up post to my own original post, because I'm not sure the original post was ever made available to the Forum. The original post described 4 variations of a device I've developed for emptying pit latrines and septic tanks. They are bucket-based, and should be able to handle trash in the pit in most cases. A video and .pdf document a […]
- Re: Membrane processing of urine into drinking water - by: KaiMikkel August 26, 2016I reached out to one of the researchers involved. Here's hoping he acquiesces to my request to join the forum and provide us all more information.
- Re: SBM needs a bagful of ideas for success ! - by: am101 August 26, 2016Dear Elisabeth, I am answering your questions on "No toilet No Bride" 1.Is this campaign regarded as a success in India or was it a bit of a hype that the mainstream media jumped on? Ans:None of our campaigns are successful until and unless their is sustainable behaviour change.Media is invited by international/national agencies to create hype.But […]
- Re: Watch live SFD Exchange meeting in Stockholm - Starting now! - by: muench August 26, 2016Awesome, thanks for the reminder. I clicked on the link and then on the Youtube picture and it works! I am listening to it now. This is the way to go for the future!
- Re: SBM needs a bagful of ideas for success ! - by: muench August 26, 2016I am wondering if the so-called "No toilet no bride" campaign in India is regarded as a good practice example for achieving the SBM goals in India? I don't know very much about that campaign but for some reason it attracted a huge amount of media attention outside of India. So much so that it is even mentioned on the Wikipedia article for pit […]
- Re: Sludge Dipping Tools Recently Developed - by: dandreatta August 26, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites